Advice for sticky slider mechanism on Steiner 4 column sticker/tattoo vending machines?

diyvend

Hi, I recently purchased my first vending machine on ebay, a 4 column Steiner sticker machine.

The two outside columns seem to work, but the middle two have sliding mechanisms (the parts that eject the cardboard sticker packet) that are so sticky as to be unusable. When inserting coins, a mallet is needed to hammer the slider in far enough to have the coins drop.

(I thought the problem might be the Greenwald coin sliding mechanism, but when I removed those, they seemed to slide just fine. However, the buffer screwheads had rusted through, so I'm unable to change the pricing -- I'd love to know if anyone has advice for this as well!)

IMG_3289.JPG.933626ce92cfdbcacf72ded03a5bed9a.JPG

IMG_3290.JPG

Your weights are upside down in your picture. If that is the one giving you problem.  Turn it over. The pin drops when upside down and doesn't allow the mech to work properly.  When empty. 

On 4/16/2017 at 7:52 AM, Hillbilly said:

Your weights are upside down in your picture.

Thats gonna be important. Make sure the weights are in correctly or when its empty it will still take someones money and then jam shut until you service it because the folder pusher will be caught against the weight. And set the fold side to be the side thats pushed.

Thanks for the advice!

It is indeed the sliding part that pushes the card out that is getting stuck midway through. 

I've tried loosening the nuts but that only seems to loosen the metal columns that hold the stickers.

Any advice for securing the device so that it doesn't tip over? I was thinking of getting bungee cords and threading them through the holes at the top and wrapping them around a building support column.

Bungee cords would work. Look pretty good too if you could find them the same color as the unit. Problem is kids would probably take them. Always the danger of strangulation too. They make a lot of colors of Duck tape, clear too! Duck tape would be the way I would go.

Archived