USI 3158 CC reader installed

I'm installing on an identical machine very soon.  Did you flush mount the reader and notch the door for it to fit through?

The only notching I will have to do is on the removable door trim. This CC reader fit perfectly in this open space. I had to buy 3/4" screws because this area has 3 layers of metal. I dont think the CC reader could be moved up further to avoid notch as it would start to interfere with the selection buttons.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, tc vending said:

Learned something new never heard of that model not surprised typical usi. Does it run a F-80 control board?

I think the F80 board has a red display only, so this is probably something else between SM3 and SM6.  USI is weird for that.  I try to avoid their equipment unless it's a 3015 (or equivalent) or something along the lines of the HR series or newer.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, TKK said:

I never knew how these old.machines had credit card readers and non mdb. Those prices are scary!

It's foolish to put a card reader on a machine that doesn't have every price over $1.00 because the card fees on every sale will quickly erode your meager profits. 

18 hours ago, AngryChris said:

It's not that old.

It is old.  It was just on the tail end of that cabinet production before they went to the rounded Euro front cabinets.  The very last 3015 style cabinets got the SM6 logic board.

Yeah its very old. Anything without sensors and mdb i think should be left in storage. Ive seen a local vendor w these and readers and it just looks funny lol.

On 4/26/2017 at 8:02 AM, AZVendor said:

It's foolish to put a card reader on a machine that doesn't have every price over $1.00 because the card fees on every sale will quickly erode your meager profits. 

That's what the 10 cent 2-tier pricing is for. It covers the 5.9% process fee and a portion of the monthly service fee.

To me, a very old machine is one that was never designed with MDB (ie. AP 4,5,6,7000, AP 110, National 145,146,147,148, Rowe 149 (and 159?), USI's before the f80 board (I think), etc...  Many of those machines are anywhere from 20-30 years old from what I understand.  This machine has an SM6 board in it which was designed for MDB components.  The manual for the 3158 on vendnet shows a date of the year 2000 on it.  So it is somewhere in the range of 17 years old, which is not nearly as old as an AP 4000 for example.  I think we are getting into the range of semantics over "what is old" and "what isn't old" but, to me, anything that was never designed with MDB is old, and this machine WAS made to be MDB compatible.  It's just that the cabinet design is much older than the actual machine itself.  However, I concede that it is old... but I think TKK thinks any machine with that style cabinet is as old as any other 3015.  That serpentine soda machine he is referring to in another post could very well be much older than this snack machine.

Archived