Merlin IV with payrange

I have very little knowledge about vending machines. Im trying to add payrange to my royal 768. I unplugged the machine, hooked it up to the MDB connection and turned the machine back on. The display read "out of order" and the payrange was blinking red. I unplugged the machine again and took the payrange out and hooked the machine back to normal. When I plugged the machine back in it said out of service again. I tried pushing the blue service button on the board, and it read what I can only make out as "init". I closed the door for a sec and it went back to normal....

So my first question I guess would be the "out of order" reading on display once machine is plugged back in, is that normal?

As far as me adding the payrange, can anyone explain if Im doing something wrong, or missing a step, or if Im trying to put something in that wont work to start with. Any help is appreciated!

Im thinking maybe trying to plug it in again, and pushing the service button and closing the door like I did when I took it out and it started to work again... Would pressing the door switch reset the out of service after pushing the service button? Im still learning everyday with these machines and I have not learned much.

I was able to get it working. I found that when it read out of order, if I pushed the service button and closed the door the machine would reset itself, then start working normally.

No I unplugged the machine first. After putting in the payrange and giving power back it said out of order. Pushed the service button, closed the door and it worked. Being a new vendor and having very little knowledge I freaked out and tried to put it back to normal.

Archived