Weird Tubular Lock Needed

fhamann

I recently purchased an old security cage for my soda machine.  It is says on it "made by Ferrotek, Ferndale, WA"  The cage has a lever to securely close it and has a place to put a tubular lock, but not a typical vending machine lock.  This lock has a larger diameter than a standard vending machine lock. I searched on Google and found nothing.  I called Ferrotek and they told me that they no longer support this product and no one at Ferrotek knows which lock works in their cages.  In fact, the Ferrotek lady told me she gets lots of calls from  people like me asking what type of lock is used.  She said, if I find out, I should call her back so that she can help the others who call her with the same question.

Does anyone know what type of lock this is?

thanks,
Frank Hamann

Orange, CA

That must be an old version of the Ferrotek cage.  I bought a couple for a customer here maybe 10 years ago and we had no problem putting locks on them.  They must have changed to normal plug locks by then.  Maybe you can come up with a hockey puck type of locking system to make it easier on you.

Archived