USI CB500 Issue

EddieMac

I have a USI CB500 that has been sitting for a while.  I've plugged it in and it works great.  The compressor is noisey, but it cools.  The issue is that it no longer shows the temperature when I press "0".  It only shows   "- - - F".

It's cold inside and there's no ice anywhere.  The compressor goes on and off like it should, it's just louder than the others.  It just no longer shows me the temperature.

Any idea what's wrong?

You may need to program it to display the temperature in fahrenheit; it might have lost it's memory.  Either that or, while it feels cold, it's actually getting too cold because the board doesn't see the temp sensor.

• 2 weeks later...

I put a thermometer inside and it's only going down to 60 degrees, but it stays at 60.  The compressor comes on for a while and goes off for a while as normal, but it just gets to 60 and it show ---F on the display.

Does the evaporator stay clear of frost and do you get frost anywhere? What do you have the temp setting at now? Is that machine 4+ inches from the wall and will a sheet of paper get sucked up against the condenser when the compressor is running?

Depending on which board you have in the machine I would look at the programming. A lot of USI's boards are capable of being used in multiple types of machines. I would double check the default settings and make sure it is properly set up to be a drink machine.

On 4/30/2017 at 8:44 PM, AZVendor said:

Does the evaporator stay clear of frost and do you get frost anywhere? What do you have the temp setting at now? Is that machine 4+ inches from the wall and will a sheet of paper get sucked up against the condenser when the compressor is running?

There is no frost or ice anywhere.  The temp was set at 36.  I changed it to 40F.  The machine is sitting out in the open at my warehouse.  A sheet of paper will get sucked up when the compressor is running.

Something else I noticed...the electricity was off for a few hours.  The next day the temp, which was staying at 60F, was now above 70F.  So I went through the menu and found relay 1 was not on, again.  I've found this before and turned it on then and again this time.  As soon as I turned it back on, the compressor came on.  I went back the next day and never heard the compressor come on (it was back up to 70F).  I went to the relay menu again and as soon as I got to relay 1 to turn it on, the compressor came on again.

What's causing this?

If you're turning relay 1 on in the test mode then you know the relay is working.  Go through the default menu and see if there is a setting for soda machine.  This board might be set to snack if it's a universal board.  Otherwise you might need a new board.  You should also make sure the cut-in temp is 42 and then set the cut-out temp to 36.

2 hours ago, AZVendor said:

If you're turning relay 1 on in the test mode then you know the relay is working.  Go through the default menu and see if there is a setting for soda machine.  This board might be set to snack if it's a universal board.  Otherwise you might need a new board.  You should also make sure the cut-in temp is 42 and then set the cut-out temp to 36.

How do I do that?  I don't see anything on the menu about soda or snack.  And I didn't see anything about cut in/out on the temp setting when I changed the temp.

I

On 5/4/2017 at 8:24 AM, AZVendor said:

What is the actual model number of your machine and when you first start it up what version of software scrolls on the display?

It's a USI CB500.

M/n: 3500           

The display shows 2410

then   EEGd

then CNT10

Thank you

That uses the GVC1 controller in this link http://vendnetusa.com/wfdata/files/4214690b.pdf

Make sure you have the machine configured correctly first which isn't in this manual.  To configure it select option 4 in the menu and the display shows Cbs, then press 3 and you'll see ALL, then press 1 to toggle between can, bottle and snack by selection.  If option 4 isn't available then this isn't the issue.  If that's the case then use the manual in this link to program your temp settings.  

Go to the Temp menu and press 3 which shows OPtn, then press 8 repeatedly to change to the target temp you want. This ranges from 34 to 62 degrees.  Set it to 36 and then make sure you press * 2 times to exit and save.  Properly saving may be the step you missed.

On 5/5/2017 at 4:34 PM, AZVendor said:

That uses the GVC1 controller in this link http://vendnetusa.com/wfdata/files/4214690b.pdf

Make sure you have the machine configured correctly first which isn't in this manual.  To configure it select option 4 in the menu and the display shows Cbs, then press 3 and you'll see ALL, then press 1 to toggle between can, bottle and snack by selection.  If option 4 isn't available then this isn't the issue.  If that's the case then use the manual in this link to program your temp settings.  

Go to the Temp menu and press 3 which shows OPtn, then press 8 repeatedly to change to the target temp you want. This ranges from 34 to 62 degrees.  Set it to 36 and then make sure you press * 2 times to exit and save.  Properly saving may be the step you missed.

This morning I went to the machine.  The compressor came on shortly after I arrived, so it's still working.  However, the temp inside (I have a thermometer sitting inside) still shows 60F.  

I have never noticed the snack option before, but I did see it today.  I set the entire machine to cans, then followed the temp setting and set it to 36F.  I pressed * twice (I had forgotten about this before (duh on me!))  I closed it up and messed around my little warehouse a while and noticed the compressor never came back on.  So I went back into it  (option 0, and checked relay 1).  It came on again when I got to relay1.  Now it's running again.  I'll go back in a few hours to see if the temp has changed inside.  The display STILL only shows the temp at "---F"   It will not show a number.

I'm not sure if it's working or not yet.  

• 1 year later...

I'm new at posting! I don't care about my post count! This is my first post. I wrote about a solution, that I found, about this machine. New vendors read old posts, to gain knowledge. If that bothers you, then keep your responses to your self.

Archived