Bottle drop insanity

Closed a deal with another operator getting out of the business and picked up 14 glass front DN bottle drop machines - 13 on location and 1 in storage...

Actually, still trying to sort everything out, looks like:

7 DN 5591's located

5 DN 2145's located

1 DN 2145 in storage

2 more DN 5591's in storage that need repair  (won't have details on problems until moved to my shop)

1 more DN 2145 no glass

A bunch of snacks in storage - a couple of Rowes 4900 & 5900 that will probably be scrapped, 3 USI 3014's might be able to use these at some low volume accounts

Another 7 snack machines on location with the bottle drops - AP 6600, AP Studio, AP 112, USI 3014, Crane 157, Polyvend (I know) and 1 mechanical piece of garbage.

The DN's all have pretty good Val's & Mechs - most take 5's and have 4 or 5 tube mechs.

Bunch of validators & coin mechs thrown in + a 2000 lb Genie electric material lift that can lift the machines on/off a pick up.

Boxes of shims, control boards, etc...

Paid asking price of $8000 for everything - I know a lot of you guys do not like the bottle drops but figure at that price I would roll the dice....

So, one of the locations is an apartment building with two of the 5591's - looks sketchy and low dollar to me, but easy to let them sit for now as storage or is that asking for trouble?  Thinking I should suck it up and pull those two machines and put a Vendo stacker in there so I don't end up with more busted glass.

This was more of an equipment purchase than a route purchase, although I'll service the locations and see how it goes - but since vending is just a side job, this is going to be a little tricky logistically - should be doable as most of the accounts have weekend access so for a while my golf game will suffer.

How do you guys handle the transition with the accounts?  My standard M.O. is to slink in there, swap the locks and put my contact info on the machines, stock them for a month or so under the radar and see what's what.  None of them are large enough to warrant a big introductory presentation with the accounts/contacts - usually by the time they notice someone else is servicing the machines, they can't even remember who had them before...

A crapload of bottle drops - what the hell was I thinking...

ABC

Archived