The monks and the S-O-B

Hefe75

Two monks were fishing in the lake behind their monastery when they caught the biggest fish either of them had ever seen. When the monk reeling it in got it on shore he was so overwhelmed with excitement he yelled "look at the size of that son-of-a-golpher!"

Aghast, the second monk looked at him with disgust. The monk thought quickly and said, "oh. Um. That's the name of this type of fish. It's actually a son-of-a-golpher fish."

Oh. Nodded the other monk. Well I guess I will take this son-of-a-golpher to the kitchen. He took the fish to the kitchen and said to the cook "will you cook this son-of-a-golpher for dinner tonight?" The cook's jaw dropped and the monk said "Oh don't worry, that's just the name of the fish. It's a son-of-a-golpher fish."

Satisfied with the explanation, he fileted and cooked the fish beautifully. Later that day, the cardinal of the monastery came to him and said "I have news. The pope is coming for dinner tonight."

"Oh!" said the cook. "Well I am preparing a delicious son-of-a-golpher for dinner, and yes, that's the name of the fish." The cardinal was puzzled and said "well ok then. See you tonight."

The pope arrived to a beautiful dinner. He asked the cardinal to pray over the meal. The cardinal prayed, "Dear Lord, thank you for allowing us to catch this son-of-a-golpher, prepare and cook this son-of-a-golpher, and allow us to serve this delicious son-of-a-golpher to the pope. Amen."

The Pope was wide eyed at the end of the prayer. He calmly pulled his hat off his head and set it on the table. He looks up and says, "I used to think you guys were lame, but you mother golphers are all right!" 

Archived