Bill Acceptor Acting Strange

Hi everyone! I am very green, but am a little stumped with a problem I ran into.  

I have a Wittern 3500 with a BP4SX bill acceptor on it. When I got there today I found a bill jammed in the acceptor, jammed so bad that it ripped in half when I removed it. The red light was on the whole time, no flashes. When I went to put in a test bill the machine took the bill just a little bit, I could feel it tugging on the bill in my hand, but would not take it in all the way (it just kept on tugging unto I pulled the bill out of it completely). Anyone have an idea what the problem is? 

I tried unplugging the machine and that didn't work. 

You need to pull off the bill box and then remove the base of the validator (push square button up underneath then pull from the back) so you can remove the rest of the bad bill.

8 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

You need to pull off the bill box and then remove the base of the validator (push square button up underneath then pull from the back) so you can remove the rest of the bad bill.

Thank you for your reply! I'm pretty sure I did do that, I have both ends of the bill and just double checked - both ends make a whole! I don't think there is any more bill left in the acceptor. 

If you didn't open it up as mentioned,  there could still be something in there. I think practically every seasoned vendor opens the validator up when this happens. It's a 10 second check that can be the difference between making money and losing money. A small piece can cost you money. 

If you can't find anything left in the validator blocking any sensors then you may need to have it serviced.  I can exchange if for you if needed. Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom.

Archived