1 ounce bags or LSS

When I started out, I was doing both. Lss for $.90 and 1oz for $.65. Decided to simplify after a couple months and went to 1oz only. They've never been brought up when setting up new accounts since. 

Most people like the lower price point of the 1 oz bags, I carry that size for Lays, Ruffles, Doritos, etc.  I also have some LSS items but not duplicates of the small size, the LSS are more of a premium item (cape cod, dirtys, etc).  I get .75 for smalls and .85 to 1.00 for large.  Have to watch your placement on large items as well, make sure your coils are big enough to dispense properly.

Depends on the account, & depends on the pricing I have a machine at.  Mostly depends on the account.  For an example, if I can do big bags at a dollar in an account, opposed to small bag at .65, I'll try and do more big bag because its an even dollar.  I have a couple YMCA/Gym accounts so doing dollar items makes sense because no one wants .35 cents back when they are working out and have no pockets.  So it just depends. 

Also, the big bags that I normally purchase are different than the small bags.  There's very little overlap.  Like I don't carry a small bag Doritos, and a big bag Doritos.  Almost all of them are different.  So I'll try a little bit of both big and small, see what sells, then go from there.  

As TKK said, there's a little bit more profit in the big bag, but one would think, you are going to sell more small bags due to the lower price.  It's just something you have to juggle and decide on.

I sell way more lss. All my machines have both. The small are .75c and i rather sell lss. The way i see it is say 40 ppl were gonna buy a snack that day. U wanna take their dollar or their .75c? Their .61c or .51c? They arent going to buy more smaller bags because they are cheaper. I cant see someone being like hey since this bag is only .75c i rather buy two. My sales definately prove this as maybe lss beats small.bags 3 to 1. Its a transaction. Most people put a buck and then see what they want. They are going to buy something so make it a bigger sale. I see alot of vendors selling lss for .85 and pastries at .90 and cookies at .65 its crazy. $1 everything and $1.25 pastries and chocolates. Keep it simple. Cheaper than the gas station.

And they dont overlap either. Except hot cheetos. I have the small ones too lays doritos, takis, then other like tgif, chex, gardetos, ritz, cheez it, for .75c.

Archived