First Solo Locating Tomorrow!

Tomorrow morning, I am going on my first attempt at locating solo. The location is a restaurant that caters to family, lots of family seating and kid's meals, etc. The intent is for this machine to be a charity machine that donates to a local non profit that provides lots of great services to the community for free or super cheap (shelter, free bus line, section 8 housing, etc.). 

I've read all I can, and even done some practicing, but I would love any extra advice you guys can give me!

18 hours ago, questionmark693 said:

Tomorrow morning, I am going on my first attempt at locating solo. The location is a restaurant that caters to family, lots of family seating and kid's meals, etc. The intent is for this machine to be a charity machine that donates to a local non profit that provides lots of great services to the community for free or super cheap (shelter, free bus line, section 8 housing, etc.). 

I've read all I can, and even done some practicing, but I would love any extra advice you guys can give me!

I usually hear about 80% of locations say that the owner or manager capable of making that decision  is not in right now.  I also for the same reason have to go to at least 10 places for every 1 that does get placed.   

My advice that has worked for me is;

• Diversify your locating; do some in person, on the phone, with a locator, and best and easiest way is always be looking for established routes for sell.
  • Also don't get discouraged, if they say no go on to the next place and keep a positive attitude.  Attitude when locating makes a big difference.  If you look burnt out of locating it will show and get you less locations.  
  • Also try to go for places local and less likely to give you the we need corporate approval excuse. 
  • Lastly for now try to ask if you do score a location if they have any other locations that may be interested.   

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a full line vendor as well as a locator and I completely agree with the post above.
I do cold calls as well as telemarketing. The biggest problem that I had when I started was getting discouraged because your going to get more negative then positive responses and it's only natural to get discouraged but personally I found that if I made sales calls everyday it affected me negatively but if I only made sales calls once or twice a week it wasn't so bad .
I also look at it as a game , I know that sounds odd because I really am serious about business but selling is definitely a numbers game .
Use as many sources as you can to get your name out there , Craigslist is great for me , pass out business cards to everyone, walk into every business you see and don't forget that a lot of retail businesses wont allow a machine on there sales floor but they probably have a break room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived