DN 276 E conversion

nrod7

Recurring problems with Dixie Narco 276 E in a dusty outside location ( dollar bill validator).

Presently, working with a Coinco Mag 30 bill validator and a coinco mdb coin mech.

I want to convert to Mars (110 volt) and keep the coinco mdb coin mech.

The board is a SII D.  I have bought the conversion harness from the board to the Mars validator.

I removed the "Y" coin mech harness from the original setup. And then plugged the coin mech directly to the harness from the board.

I am getting a "Coin mech disabled from validator" from the blinks off the Dollar bill validator.

What do I need to check to resolve the problem?  program issue? bad validator?

Thanks,

nrod7

I have only converted a machine TO MDB but not the other way around.  A machine had an MDB mech and mars 2511 in it (S2D board). I took the validator harness completely out. I'm guessing there is some option but I don't know. The harness I took out was right next to the MDB plug on the board if I recall, and I think 7 & 8 were both off.  You did hook the coin mech up to the main harness, right?

I believe he is trying to run a MDB coin mech with a 110v validator.

I've had a coupld of these set up this way.  I believe as AngryChris mentioned, you need to check the option switches on your validator.  Typically it is the pulse settings that you need to find the proper combination for.

I appreciate the help.  Yes, I do have the harness hooked up.  Thanks AngryChris.

Your absolutely right Chard, I am trying to run a MDB coin mech with a 110v validator.  I will check the pulse settings.

Thanks AZ, If all fails I will use a Mars 24 volt validator.

If any one can remember the exact setting I would really appreciate the info.  Just glad the location is near my shop.

Respectfully,

nrod7

The 110V bill uses 'Logic Plus' (L+) communication. MDB is the newest protocol. So you have 2 computers running the same program but one of them has Windows 10, and the other running MS DOS. So either downgrade to L+ changer (TRC-6000), or get a 24V MEI bill with MDB harness. 

If you want a TRC-6000 changer, I'll sell you one for $10. I have piles of them from the MDB upgrades that I do every week. 

{Pardon my sarcasm}

5 hours ago, nrod7 said:

I appreciate the help.  Yes, I do have the harness hooked up.  Thanks AngryChris.

Your absolutely right Chard, I am trying to run a MDB coin mech with a 110v validator.  I will check the pulse settings.

Thanks AZ, If all fails I will use a Mars 24 volt validator.

If any one can remember the exact setting I would really appreciate the info.  Just glad the location is near my shop.

Respectfully,

nrod7

You can't mix the two protocols in one machine, EXCEPT if you have an InOne logic board.  That is the only board that will support two protocols at the same time.  There is one other detail to mention and that is that the Mag30B will also have it's own MDB connection on it.  Coinco is the only one that did this on their 110v validators.  So the Mag30B can be hooked up to MDB but you have to have a Coinco MDB harness to do so.  If you have the harness that plugs into that small connector on the Mag30B then just make sure the harness goes to the logic board first, then to the validator and then to the coin mech last.  You shouldn't have to do anything to the validator but some machines require a different setting of switch 4 on the Mag board or, more infrequently, a polarity change on the Mag board.

I definitely uninstalled a mars vn 2511 out of a dn 501e (SIID) with a TRC 6512 in it. The MDB harness went straight from the board to the mech and another harness went to the validator from the board. I will attach a picture of that harness.

20170421_122843.jpg

I checked a validator that was in the truck.  Assuming I had the right validator (90% sure it is) then the settings on it were 7 ON and 8 OFF.

Also, to clarify to any doubters, this machine (501-E with SIID board) had a long harness that connected to a Mars VN 2511.  Next to that plug on the board, there was the plug (10-12 pin) that went to the MDB harness which connected straight to the Mars 6512 (24v MDB).  After removing the 2511 AND the harness, I hooked a 2712 directly up to the MDB harness and hooked the 6512 up to the validator.  The machine worked fine in either setup.

However.. I checked another 501E with an SIID board in it and I noticed that (from what I remembered) the board was slightly different.  So, it's very possible that this is a different version of a SIID.  Mind you, I have single-price 501e's, multiprice 501T's, and various other weird setups from DN.  You all can doubt it, but it's real!  In fact, if anyone will send me an updated SIID board, I'll send them the SIID that's in there with the harness so they can see for theirselves!! Just make sure the one you send me works lol.

Archived