Snackshop 112 please help

My Mars 115 volt validator was acting up in my Snackshop 112. (Pretty sure motor was going out). I switched it out with another Mars 115 volt. The single light flashed saying it had a bill jam. There wasn't a jam. So, I put in a Mars 24 volt. Didn't light up/no power. So, I grabbed the  Mars 115v again and tried it. It had a single steady light. I shut the door, noticed the 'Enjoy your day' display had turned to mumble jumble random letters. I put in a dollar, 1.00 displayed and I made a selection and it did nothing. I hit coin return and received 4 quarters. I'm thinking this is a board problem...... any suggestions, please......thanks!

You have to have a different harness for the 24v validator so that's why it didn't work.  Your 110v unit probably needs a different setting of switches 7 and 8 for proper communication.  Match the switches to the bad one you took out and make sure you have the 30 pin black connector plugged in to the side of the validator.  Also pull that connector if plugged in and make sure that none of the pins inside are bent over and flattened.

You need to realize that the credit display is part of the keypad circuit as well.  This could be a logic board or keypad-caused error but it could also be caused by the display itself, maybe coincidentally.

Archived