How to remove this screw?

Notice the screw to the right of the one on the left. This is one of the screws that holds the bill acceptor in place on a Wittern 3500. How do I remove this screw? It is in a very tight area.

There is one that is even harder to get to on the other side of the bill acceptor...

Do I need the world's smallest crescent wrench??

Thanks for all your help everyone!

Sincerely,

Noobbb078c5d4316ffa3462d92161e62998c.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I just want to make sure we are talking about the right screw, I'm talking about the one on the right - the one you can only see about 1/3 of.

I can't fit a socket around that screw, its blocked by the bill acceptor. Are you guys saying there is a way to remove the gray plastic piece that's in front of it? 

The screw fully in view take all four them off out comes the bill acceptor. The one that is 1/3 visible is part of taking the bill acceptor apart after it is off the machine. Find a good service company and have it repaired.

You guys all crack me up.  Cvending is the only one that called them nuts correctly.  The one you can't get to is the nut on the faceplate screw that cvending mentioned.   The other 4 nuts on the corners are what need to be removed.  I always have a 11/32" deep socket, 1/4" drive on an extension in my tool bag.  It's about the most common tool I use other than my phillips. Many machines have one nut that's almost impossible to get off or back on so you can easily run those validators with just three nuts on it.

Archived