National 167 issue

cvending

Hi everyone.  I came across a strange occurrence yesterday and am wondering if anyone else has come across it ever.  My driver told me this.t the bottom shelf(F) would not bend at all. He also said that when the customer inserted a dollar, tried to buy from that shelf, got a "make another selection" message, pushed the coin return button and only got one quarter back in change. When I got to the machine the first thing I did was press all the "F" selections and the machine displayed the correct price-1.00. I inserted a dollar, got $1 credit and the "Make another selection" and only .25 change returned. I opened the machine, inspected and found a wire had come off the shelf harness connection. I repaired the connection, powered the machine back up and still no vend. Same message. I was thinking I should just change the harness. Then I changed out the MEI coin mech. Powered up machine and each F motor cycled one time.  Machine works perfect now. Cooin mech has a bad quarter payout solenoid  Would the cause one shelf to not work? Or just a coincidence?

I don't see how these could be related but I've learned never to say never. After you repaired the harness did you toggle the interlock switch prior to testing? This is the only way to reset and scan the motors.

When you locked up the machine to go get the replacement changer, if the power was on, this would have been the toggle the machine needed. Then when you swapped the mech....Maybe the coin mech payout got over worked paying out change from the bad connections? 

Lotta maybes in there....lol...But I vote coincidence.

I can't say that I pressed the door switch after repair or not.  I brought the extra coin mech with me so I did not have to lock up in the interim.  Just powered it down/up. That is when the motors cycled. It did not cycle after the repair power up though. Who knows?

Cycling the power is what reset the motors after you repaired the wire.  That forced the machine to rescan the motors and put them back in service.  The coin payout problem is just a coincidence. 

Archived