Lost power to door on vendo 407

bairdo3

So I have lost power to doorside of a Vendo 407 soda machine. Compressor and fan work fine though. Fuse is good, all wires are connected fine, new coin mech, and tested out transformer and door close switch with multimeter and all tested fine. Have power to board also. Coin mech does spit out change every so often when door switch is flipped on. Board is a VEC 5.1, coin mech is a Mars TRC 6010-XV, bill validator is a Mars as well. Ive been messing with this for 3 weeks, about to pull machine if cant figure it out. Please help.

Have you unplugged the validator and coin mech and just run with a coin mech?  Have you replaced that coin mech yet?  Have you replaced the door switch?  Have you replaced the logic board?  In that order I would trouble shoot it.  Lastly it could be a connection in a harness in the door.  Pull them apart and put back together.  Could also be a rodent-eaten wire.  

As to the transformer, are you able to confirm a dependable 24v out of it?

Done all those things except replaced the door switch and logic board. Havent checked the harnesses cause they looked ok. And I got around a 28v reading going out and 119v going in. I should mention, the machine was moved around (quite a bit im sure) due to remodeling of the room its in. Could have cause a loose wire. Which sounds kinda hard to track down. :/

• 3 weeks later...

Update: Apparently the location transformer on electric pole was struck by lighting. Ruined all there computers and apparently fried my board and bill validator, probably the coin mech too, but replaced it. Replaced board today, so everything works but the bill validator. Bummer. 

I worked on a machine once where the utility power in was running 150v all the time.  It kept burning up bill validators until I figured out for the location what all the power issues were from.  See if you can file a claim with the utility for your damages.

Archived