rvv500 power lock died

Mr Ed

i have an RVV500 with the power lock option..THe stupid lock seems to have died completely..  I am curious if there is a way to open it without tearing the WHOLE door apart....Stupid power lock.....

Some vending machines with a power lock have a 1/8 inch head-phone jack somewhere. Putting power to that will turn the lock. The question is where did they put that wire? Some times there is a hole on top of the machine, or it can be pulled through the drop shute.

I had to do this once, but I was lucky that the bill validator was not on the machine. I reached in the machine and pulled the 2 wires to the motor, and connected (in series) two 9-v batteries. The lock spun open. 

Once the lock opened I realized that, if the bill validator was in the way, I could have destroyed the first plasitic selector button to the machine, and the wires would have been right there. But this is different than the machine you have.

I hope this helps... even if just a little.

i got into it by drilling out the sight glass for the remote and using a screwdriver through the hole...rooted around a bit and was able to move a wire that had worked it's way in line causing my remote to not interface with lock...now it works great i know to be more careful with wires after messing with the coin mechanism...lol

Archived