Apartment complex

I recently had a request to put a machine in an apartment complex laundromat. I currently dont have any apartments or hotels. Im thinking just a soda machine and maybe a bulk candy. So Im asking for some advice as far as a proposal to the owners. Obviously free is best but this not an option here. Where should I start with commission? Should I install for a year and then evaluate commission? Commission on just soda and not bulk? How do you guys handle similar scenarios? Thank you, Jonathan

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If this is not a new complex, ask yourself "why no existing machine". Our solution for this is always BOM (Bottler Owned Machine). Commissions? Only if it does $100 per week or better.

There may be no machine due to low usage in a small complex or, more likely, vandalism.  With apartments it's not if, but when vandalism occurs to your machine.  The bulk machine will just disappear.  And don't think that a locked door or camera will save you.

Look at the size of the complex and the type of tenant they attract... lots of kids or complexes aimed at young adults usually means good drink sales.  I have one complex that is all college students, the machine is really busy and about 70% credit card sales.  Look at how well kept the overall complex is as well.  I am not sure I would like to be in the laundry room, if it is too isolated it might no be secure enough.  I would focus on drinks, and would only offer the complex about 5% commission IF they average a minimum sales amount each month.  Be sure to mark up your prices to cover the commission...

I have an apartment complex that does really well. It is specifically designed for the elderly and disabled though and the building needs a key to access the building. Account does about $90/week with very little chance of vandalism. 

Archived