Vendnet = Biggest Ripoff in World?

Thanks for your comments everyone, whether they were "up" or "down" comments! I am looking forward to  hopeuflly becoming succesfull in this industry! 

AngryChris, in my first week of taking over the route I had a few problems (keep in mind my vending experience id next to nil)... two bill acceptors go out and also part of a delivery door. I must admit I was uber stressed out, but am excited that it happened and I was able to get through it.

I am excited to be here in this industry that has always intrigued me, but must admit that it is no cakewalk. Sometimes I ask myself why I left the job that I knew really well and got paid really good for... entrepreneurial spirit!

I wrote a long post but I decided to make it more compact here.  I went from having a reliable job to being SO BROKE that a 16 year old working at mcdonald's had more money than I had.  The thing about this is that I have been frustrated in every job I ever had.  Because I am actually making the decisions in the business, and because my income relies on the business, I was taking things personal when something would happen (ie. validator goes out, refrigeration deck not cooling, etc..).  I constantly weighed how much the repair costs vs. how much I can afford.  In the end, I learned that you don't have to worry about the expenses too much if you are making enough profit, and I also learned that making enough money to pay for everything (business and personal) meant that I shouldn't stress over the little things too much.  I get to do what I want, when I want, and where I want, as long as my customers are satisfied.  That is why I am okay with losing a reliable job and working in a volatile financial position.  I will admit though... things are a lot less volatile now (financially) because I have so many more accounts.  Unless it's February.  February is always a turd.

Why's February so bad? Haha. My bad month's are August, December, and January. We have a bunch of school teacher's lounges and 1-2 schools where kids can purchase from the machines. August is the worst. We are filling up the school machines that we let sell down over the summer, and we aren't collecting any money when we go to fill them up so it's brutal, not to mention the summer heat. And then January is sort of similar due to to Christmas break. And December people take off and schools are out. Our Feburary's are strong. We have a couple of gyms and that's the peak of basketball season. 

19 hours ago, AngryChris said:

February is the dead of winter. Between new year resolutions, cold weather, vacations, and tax woes, people seem to avoid vending machines. 

It's the same in the Honor Snack business as well.  February is a "Dog" month, while March seems to be a big rebound month.

Archived