DN501E issue

QuikVend

I have a DN501E on location. Not cooling, didn't great compressor running so I swapped in a unit is knew worked (could have saved myself some trouble if I had just plugged the compressor in directly). Still no compressor. Everything else on the machine is working just fine. I narrowed it down to the energy  management system that was installed. Looks like one of the connections melted. 

Anyone know how to remove this or if they still sell them? 

20170426_170858

How to remove it, no, but I believe it is known as the VendingMiser from USA Technologies.  You could just go to their website and probably find a replacement and order direct.  I have none connected to any machines.  I did, however, have something similar (if not the same brand) that was connected to a soda AND snack machine at a city building.  I only had the snack there (before the entire city was put up for bid) and the employees there disconnected the one from the soda machine because it would shut the machine down all night and they would come to work only to be greeted by warm soda every day.  Those units were motion-activated.  There is another one above a machine at some location (can't remember) and the employees disconnected it often caused the machine to do weird things.  The unit costs more than the electricity it saves from a snack machine, and it tends to create warm-soda issues at locations who don't show up until lunch time (on the motion-activated ones). http://www.energymisers.com/vm2iq.php

Yea, I looked it up on their Web site. I read a bit about it and figured I didn't want it on there. The sensor is under the delivery chute. I'm going to look into it a bit more and call them tomorrow. Hopefully they can walk me through how to disconnect it. Looks like it was in the $120 range to replace.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, finally resolved the issue. The vending miser splices into power cords feeding the cooling deck. Completely removed the miser and replaced the entire power harness and we were up and running.

Archived