First snack machine

Candyguy

Hi guys,

First of all, I apologize for asking.  I'm sure this has been asked a million times here, but I'm just kinda in a time crunch.  I've been doing bulk for years.  I had someone approach me at a medium size auto dealership and ask me if I could put in a snack machine.  I said I can certainly look into it.  I have always wanted to pursue this avenue and am ready.  I was wondering what the best machine is to start off with.  Between the service dept and sales, there are probably 50+ employees at all times there. 

Whatever you get, looks are important, when you  get to the machine put coins and bills check every column, ensure they work and give change.  Most of the common machines are worth a try.  Who does the sodas?  I usually demand that a soda machine pays for the snack machine....worth a try.

Just now, Snoopy said:

Whatever you get, looks are important, when you  get to the machine put coins and bills check every column, ensure they work and give change.  Most of the common machines are worth a try.  Who does the sodas?  I usually demand that a soda machine pays for the snack machine....worth a try.

I have free reign with this place.  I can also put in a soda machine if I want.  It would be my first soda machine as well.   

Definitely do the soda as well. That will be the majority of your sales and profit. I would look in your area for some used machines first. Try to find some good looking machines. Just make sure they are fully functional and there aren't any pieces broken or missing when you place them. If there isn't anything that will work, look into professionally refurbished machines. They should work like new, but save you quite a bit on the price. 

4 hours ago, Candyguy said:

Hi guys,

First of all, I apologize for asking.  I'm sure this has been asked a million times here, but I'm just kinda in a time crunch.  I've been doing bulk for years.  I had someone approach me at a medium size auto dealership and ask me if I could put in a snack machine.  I said I can certainly look into it.  I have always wanted to pursue this avenue and am ready.  I was wondering what the best machine is to start off with.  Between the service dept and sales, there are probably 50+ employees at all times there. 

Are you in Florida by chance?  There is a guy I buy my machines from down state.  He delivers and sets them up.  He's been great to work with and makes so easy.

I am not in Florida.  I wish I had someone like that to setup and deliver.  I actually wish I had a mentor of some sort, but that's just the way it is.  I try to rely on you guys for info, which is excellent by the way!  You have to crawl before you can walk right?  I think the bulk experience will help me though even though full line is different game.    

For drink machines, a good used Dixie Narco 501E or a Royal 650 or 660.  MDB is a must, if the changer and validator all connect with a small 6 prong molex plastic plug that is an MDB connection.  That is the current standard and makes swapping out bad units easier, since any MDB should work with any MDB system.   Where is the snack machine going in the dealership?  If it's not inside air conditioning you may need to look for a chilled snack unit to keep the product from melting away.  Almost any US made snack machine that is MDB will do well for an inside location, get one that is at least 4 wide (4 large selections across on each tray; usually 8 small selections on each small tray).   If you have time to shop you should get what you need for $ 600 to 800 each, more if you need a chilled snack.  And be warned, one snack machine is a nuisance unless it is really busy.  Buy assortment packs of chips at retail to get smaller quantities and cut down on stales...

If the used units work well but are ugly outside, you can upgrade the look with custom vinyl wraps.  If the location in the dealership is high visibility, you might even offer to let the client put their branding on the vinyl, that should wow them...

6 hours ago, Southeast Treats said:

For drink machines, a good used Dixie Narco 501E or a Royal 650 or 660.  MDB is a must, if the changer and validator all connect with a small 6 prong molex plastic plug that is an MDB connection.  That is the current standard and makes swapping out bad units easier, since any MDB should work with any MDB system.   Where is the snack machine going in the dealership?  If it's not inside air conditioning you may need to look for a chilled snack unit to keep the product from melting away.  Almost any US made snack machine that is MDB will do well for an inside location, get one that is at least 4 wide (4 large selections across on each tray; usually 8 small selections on each small tray).   If you have time to shop you should get what you need for $ 600 to 800 each, more if you need a chilled snack.  And be warned, one snack machine is a nuisance unless it is really busy.  Buy assortment packs of chips at retail to get smaller quantities and cut down on stales...

The location will be near the sales floor, so it will be air conditioned.  He told me I can put in the machine anytime, so I feel I do have some time to shop.  This will be nice to try to find a deal on something used near me and not feel rushed.  I will be sure to share or pm what I am looking at if you guys don't mind, just to make sure it's what I need at the right price point.  

Archived