Royal 660 Dasani not cooling.

putrevus

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for your help. One of my locations called today complaining their drinks are hot.

I went there and indeed the drinks were not cooling so I went in test mode and at  relay option after hitting enter and changing to value from 0 to 1 the compressor started.

So I am assuming compressor is fine and there is no ice formation in evaporator it is totally dry.

What might be the reason for it not cooling.

Thanks again for your help.

Check that the door switch is working.  If it is then the display should change from service mode to vend mode when the door is closed. Otherwise, assuming you haven't been playing in the programming and changed the temp setting you may have a bad temp sensor, unplugged temp sensor or bad logic board.  If the temp display is accurate then you can rule that out.  

Check that the door switch is working.  If it is then the display should change from service mode to vend mode when the door is closed. Otherwise, assuming you haven't been playing in the programming and changed the temp setting you may have a bad temp sensor, unplugged temp sensor or bad logic board.  If the temp display is accurate then you can rule that out.  

It is showing temperature in vend mode and it is showing 99F .
Once door is closed it is going to vend mode and it is vending properly.

Anything else I need to check thanks again for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In test mode you say compressor is running, does the evaporator get cold? If not you need another deck. It won't be the door switch because if the door is left open for more than 20 minutes the board assumes the switch is bad and turns on the refrigeration. Bad compressor or out of gas. JMHO.

In test mode you say compressor is running, does the evaporator get cold? If not you need another deck. It won't be the door switch because if the door is left open for more than 20 minutes the board assumes the switch is bad and turns on the refrigeration. Bad compressor or out of gas. JMHO.

Yes evaporator is getting cold I felt the coils getting cold.

Thanks again for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evaporator is getting cold, but is it cold enough? Go back to test mode and fire up the compressor and let it run for 5 minutes. All of the little coils on the side should be ice cold, as in wet your finger and it will stick to it cold. Check your other settings in the refrig menu and make sure it's not in storage mode or some crazy energy saving mode. 

Royal is 1-800-931-9214, ask for technical service.

47 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

Evaporator is getting cold, but is it cold enough? Go back to test mode and fire up the compressor and let it run for 5 minutes. All of the little coils on the side should be ice cold, as in wet your finger and it will stick to it cold. Check your other settings in the refrig menu and make sure it's not in storage mode or some crazy energy saving mode. 

Royal is 1-800-931-9214, ask for technical service.

I will do it.

Thanks a lot for your help

Archived