Pepsi Vending Machine Model 540

Cindy

I am a new owner of a Pepsi Vending Machine Model 540.  I recently purchased a property that had the machine included in the sale.

I printed the manual from the internet.  But I have one problem - I can't figure out how to open the door to fill the machine.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I have heard through the grapevine that there is a code (sequence in which I need to press the soda selection buttons in order to get the door to open).

Does it not have a lock? I'm fairly certain the code you're talking about is a security code to get into the programming, but you need access to the inside of the machine for that. 

Let us know the make of the machine(Royal Vendors, Vendo, Dixie Narco etc.). Should be a tag on the side that tells you. Or post a picture(or both) and we should be able to help. 

I think the 540 is the Vendo 8-select version of the 720, so I am assuming it's a Vendo 540 with the 9.1 board in it, aka V-Max.  As for the code, I can think of three possibilities as to what you are referring to.  One, you are simply referring to the password that exists in some programming (particularly Royal), but this is accessed from the control board when the door is opened as Quikvend mentioned.  Two, you have a standard t-handle and you don't have a key and you're thinking the machine can be accessed by pressing a combination of buttons (which is totally not true at all).  Or three, you have an actual Pepsi asset with a tri-teq lock that can, for the sake of this topic, only be opened with a tri-teq remote key.  If you don't see a place where a key would go, usually between the part where the bills go in and the slot where the coins go in, then you probably have a tri-teq lock.  If this is the case, then it's very likely that you have a Pepsi asset which is owned by Pepsi.  If that's the case, then that's not your machine to open and it was never property of the seller either.  You can verify if it is a Pepsi asset by looking for an asset tag on the left side of the machine.

Archived