Drink time VM250

Kinch

Hello.  This is my first post, I'm a total newbie.  So I purchased for very cheap a Drink time VM250 soda can dispenser.  It had 3 bad coin mechanisms.  I found them online and they seemed pretty easy to install.  Well they've been a nightmare.  I get them installed and test them a couple times and they bind up.  I take them out, dismantle them, reinstall, then same thing.  Any advice?  I'm beginning to think I can figure out why I got this machine so cheap.

Thanks in advance.

So I spent literally 2 hours messing with one of the coin mechs last night.  Still can't get it to function reliably.  These are brand new mechanisms.  When they arrived they were set for .50 cents.  They worked.  I set them for .75 and they are now not reliable.   Do any of you have an idea or know someone I could call to get some troubleshooting advice?  Would pictires help?  I'm quite frustrated.  Thank you 

The only advice I'd give you is to sell your machine or junk it because it's not a real vending machine.  Hence the problems you're having.  Buy yourself a real vending machine that take coins and bills and is made by Dixie Narco or Vendo and make some money.

That's what I was afraid of.  My first machine ever.  I paid very little for it.  Wish I could say the same for the 3 coin mechs I bought.  If it wasn't for them I could literally just chuck the whole machine.   Any other ideas put them out there.  Thank you. 

They are probably the wrong coin mechs for your machine.  There are so many clones of these coin mechs out there because variations of the machine have been produced in China for more than 25 years.  The are imported and sold by fly-by-night companies that have no support or parts supplies.  You're just chasing someone else's problems with these machines.  Consider it a mistake and move on to a real machine.

35 minutes ago, Joe101us said:

Call Ryan at snack attack vending 

https://snackattack.sharepoint.com/Pages/VM250DRINKPARTS.aspx here's his web site his phone number is on there he helped me with mine 

Thanks Joe, I will give him a call once the weekend is over.  Are you successfully using one of these machines.   I'd love to at least use this darn thing.   

32 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

They are probably the wrong coin mechs for your machine.  There are so many clones of these coin mechs out there because variations of the machine have been produced in China for more than 25 years.  The are imported and sold by fly-by-night companies that have no support or parts supplies.  You're just chasing someone else's problems with these machines.  Consider it a mistake and move on to a real machine.

AZ can you look at these and tell what brand they are?  I have to check them out in person but they are for sale in my area.  Thanks.  Hopefully I attach these pictures properly.  Looks like I got 2 pictures on there I'll make another post for the 3rd.

Screenshot_2017-04-30-10-24-35.png

Screenshot_2017-04-30-10-24-52.png

1 hour ago, Kinch said:

Thanks Joe, I will give him a call once the weekend is over.  Are you successfully using one of these machines.   I'd love to at least use this darn thing.   

Ryan had send me the parts for mine I do have one it's in a bakery it was there when I bought the route  you can call him anytime 

Those things are golphers to work on, I had one from a route I picked up, the drink mechs were always giving me problems and the snack mechs were pretty much impossible to fix.... the account was too small anyway and I finally just junked the whole machine

Thankfully I don't have the snack machine just the POS drink machine.  I actually have it functioning well now but I don't know where to put it.  Too bad beers won't fit in there I'd sell it for someone's man cave on Craigslist. 

3 hours ago, Kinch said:

Thankfully I don't have the snack machine just the POS drink machine.  I actually have it functioning well now but I don't know where to put it.  Too bad beers won't fit in there I'd sell it for someone's man cave on Craigslist. 

Was Ryan any help

Actually I didn't have to call him.  I have a neighbor who ran a vending route for 10 years.  He came over and fixed both mechanisms in about 5 minutes.  Thanks for the help though.

Archived