Quality Coin Pusher

JM1607

I recently got permission to put a coin pusher in my friends bar. I've played a ton of coin pushers but never owned one. I've been looking at some online and think I have my choices narrowed down. Looking at Blazing Quarters and 8 Line Supply...

They look fairly similar and cost pretty close to each other.

Has anyone used either of them? Pro and cons of each?

I guess my main concern is security since it will be in a dive bar, I don't want anyone who bumps or kicks it to clean me out!

JM1607, I advise you not to put one in a place in Texas that sells alcohol, especially for on-premise consumption. TABC absolutely forbids them. I learned that first hand a few years ago. They are a little easier on 8-liners because of the sweepstakes issue.

Would definitely make less money, but alot of why I want to do it is for fun..

I can't see them not letting it fly if it's token only. Then it's 100% like a claw machine right? As long as the prizes are under $5

On a side note, If I wanted to add a bill changer onto the front of a coin pusher, what all would I need?

I see lots of bill acceptors for sale on various websites, but I don't want to accept bills I want it to make change (since it's a coin pusher!). I see whole bill changer machines but I want to incorporate one into the front of a machine, not have one separate.. Do I need a bill acceptor plus some adapter that holds quarters/tokens?

I have never seen a change machine mounted to the front of a coin pusher. Not sure how you would do that and not have it be in the players way or impede service access. i would encourage you to do extensive research on the machines and how they work so you don't inadvertently buy something that doesn't fit with your plan. The machines should have a tilt/bump mechanism that prohibits people getting free items. Also a good idea to "L' bracket the machine to the floor.

• 1 month later...

if its just for fun you should just buy a used pusher to try out.. I had a couple used ones listed on that facebook buy/sell group 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/506228913098008/

I have shipped tons of pushers to Texas but i cant vouch on legality.. In last year we haven't pushed the pushers really as with partner split I personally didnt have time to promote them like mike did and we just built for our routes and long term buyers who keep us busy. I haven't even been on this forum in a long time!!

always best to reach me by email blazingquarters@gmail

thank you

ron

• 5 months later...
On 5/4/2017 at 11:44 AM, JM1607 said:

On a side note, If I wanted to add a bill changer onto the front of a coin pusher, what all would I need?

I see lots of bill acceptors for sale on various websites, but I don't want to accept bills I want it to make change (since it's a coin pusher!). I see whole bill changer machines but I want to incorporate one into the front of a machine, not have one separate.. Do I need a bill acceptor plus some adapter that holds quarters/tokens?

there is a pusher made that has a bill acceptor/change machine built into it. Its amazing. All the change that would normally fall into the operators bucket, falls right into the change machine. Never ending supply of coin. I have not seen one operate on tokens like that though. 

On 5/1/2017 at 5:06 PM, JM1607 said:

I recently got permission to put a coin pusher in my friends bar. I've played a ton of coin pushers but never owned one. I've been looking at some online and think I have my choices narrowed down. Looking at Blazing Quarters and 8 Line Supply...

They look fairly similar and cost pretty close to each other.

Has anyone used either of them? Pro and cons of each?

I guess my main concern is security since it will be in a dive bar, I don't want anyone who bumps or kicks it to clean me out!

I would love to hear how a pusher does at a bar. Personally at an amusement park where I work they don't seem to be doing very well but our audience is younger than yours.

We have a system that pays out to a card (tokens don't fall out of the machine). I think this could be a good solution for you or some other kind of option that will tack the player winnings besides dropping tokens out. When a pusher is bumped there are usually several tilt sensors that will set off an alarm and void payout.

Archived