Mars TRC 6512

The Studio 3 wasn't accepting change this morning, so I got a rag and some glass cleaner and cleaned it up. Spraying the glass cleaner on the rag, of course. Then I blew it out with canned air. Now it takes change.

The mech still won't give up a dime when the button is pushed.

If I set a price to $.85 and buy it with a dollar the machine should give me a dime and a nickle, right? I'm kinda sick and thick headed so I didn't try this when I was at the machine.

When I push the blue button for dimes I don't hear any noise from the solenoid or whatever kicks out the coin. Do I need to take the tubes off and check for a stuck (bent or sticky) dime?

Could be a bent coin, or a sticky "coin sandwich", or just a worn out coin dispense button.... try the live vend then check for jams if the dimes don't vend... if all else fails you may need to swap coin mechs

Unplug the mech and dump the coins out.  Look at the last few that come out for any that are bent or stuck together.  If you meed a mech for it you can email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom.

I set a price to $0.85 and test vended it with a dollar. A dime and a nickle was returned as change. Bad button.

All prices are in quarter dollar increments, so this machine could do better with three quarter tubes. I was just worried sales would stop on Sat. afternoon when the mech ran out of change.

I don't think you can get three quarter tubes unless it's at least a 4 tube mech. Either way, you would want nickels at least in case they don't have exact change  (i.e. 2 quarter and 3 dimes).

Yes. The 1st floor soda machine has a four tube mech with three tubes of quarters and one nickle. Price all $1. DBA takes $5 bill and returns one can of soda and sixteen quarters. I can see three quarters and three dimes buying a can of soda and one nickle in change.

If you get a lot of 5's you might want to look around for a changer that includes a dollar coin tube.  I am leaning towards the new MEI changers because of the ease of swapping cassettes to get the best setup for each location.

Archived