Upgrades/Refurbish/Disposal Questions

Hey All,

Few questions for everybody. 

I am working to create a plan of refurbishing and upgrading machines month over month to improve the overall value of a route.   I have read a lot of writing that you all have on this but want to get your thoughts on the plans or hear how you do it. 

I'll start with Soda.   If you have a high traffic location with ancient soda machines(like a non MDB Dixie Narco single price) that stops working or you want to get to MDB/Card Reader how do you do it?   Would simply get a newer/used machine to place?  If so what is your strategy of disposing of the old single price(Craigslist?, Scrap?).  

On Snack I have read a lot about upgrading AP6000 AP7000 Studio 4 etc.    Is my understanding that getting a InOne Board to replace it free's up the option to add a card reader while continuing with the current Coin and Bill validtor.  Is that your experience also?  The revision doors seem to require starting over and adding MDB Coin and Bill Validators.   If its the right location I can see how spending 1k for the door, Adding 500-600 in coin, bill, and card reader could make sense.  Is there a easier way to upgrade snack machine?   Is it better to just sell the machine off and buy a non placed upgraded newer machine to replace(maybe the answer is both).  

Thanks

I will just chime in on the single price machine portion. If the machine works well and is in fair condition I would keep it because you never know when you may come across a tire shop, pool, or place that may not require a beautiful machine and you can place it there and make money. You dont need a warehouse full of these but they are useful. For the first part of your question, if the place is high traffic then Yes get an mdb machine, with high capacity, and make some money with it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Archived