Crane model 147 5 wide

2 of my slots have stopped working, says make another selection, I replaced the motors and they still don't work. I have been having problems like his a lot with my machines and it never seems to be the simple motor fix, having another issue with a vs-99 series 2. What is going on? Also, are there any reliable techs that are currently doing business in the northwest corner of Connecticut area? 

Hey JJ, After you changed the motors did you toggle the interlock switch to re-index the board so it looked for the new motors? This usually would take care of that issue once motors are replaced.

On 5/3/2017 at 0:33 PM, Technivend said:

Hey JJ, After you changed the motors did you toggle the interlock switch to re-index the board so it looked for the new motors? This usually would take care of that issue once motors are replaced.

I did not do this no, I'm rather new to the tech part of machines and was not aware that I needed to do that. Can you further explain what you mean by toggle the interlock switch? 

Angry chris- I will also reboot to see if that works too. 

There is an interlock switch at the top of the monetary panel. It should be spring loaded and pop out when you open the door. If it is quite and you manually push the switch in you should here a crackling (for lack of better term) noise. That noise is the machine testing and resetting all the motors. Until that switch is toggled and the motor circuit fires, any work done to a motor will not be recognized by the board. 

I just realized that I misread the title.  On the 147, I literally just changed a motor (actually a 148) and I simply reset the machine in order to recognize the new motor.

Archived