Questions about machines

Hi all!

Sorry for the many posts, searches haven't​ provided me with the info I'm trying to learn!

I have an opportunity to get an AP LCM4 combo machine for $500. The machine works, I am really interested in it because I've been wanting a combo machine, but usually the only thing I see is Chinese made combo machines!

Also, does anyone know anything about ice cream machines? I can get one for $450.... I don't have any ice cream accounts and want to hold off on something lime that for a long time...

But if $450 is a "steal deal" I wouldn't mind storing it in my garage just to have it for one day in the furure...?d18ef615a5dd88621d8d0442e6d1e80a.jpgbeef811400005541f41fd06d9ada8f21.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The fastcorp Z400 and evolution models are the newer versions, I would not want anything older... but you are correct, Ice Cream is a lot of extra work (storage freezer, cold transportation, limited sources) and a power failure can cost you your whole inventory.  Upside is the margins are excellent IF you have the right location.   Not a lot of good places for ice cream to sell really well.

I will defer to someone else on the combo.  I had one of that model but it was in bad shape from being on the beach, so probably not fair to use that as the benchmark.

The lcm combo is a good combo machine IF you need one, but it is cans only and does NOT replace two full size machines. I have one at a good location with a full size snack and soda.

As for ice cream machines, don't bother. Just don't. 

The lcm combo is a good combo machine IF you need one, but it is cans only and does NOT replace two full size machines. I have one at a good location with a full size snack and soda.

As for ice cream machines, don't bother. Just don't. 

Lol thats What I was thinking, headache city

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ice cream is a problem because of transportation and unless it's a high volume location it's definitely not worth the headache.
If the machine breaks down , the repair cost are higher .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as the LCM combo get it quickly because that is a steal of a deal on one. I know lots of guys on here are against combos on here but they definitely have a valuable role in our business. Examples: Barbershops, Salons, Satellite locations for some of your existing customers, etc. You could even buy it, test it, then resell it for over $1k+ depending on your area. There are lots of places with space restrictions and these work well. If you get it make sure to keep the filter clean at the bottom of the unit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

sell it, clean, check and sell for a quick profit on the LCM4

The refrigeration deck is no longer available.

If it goes you can turn it into a snack but at this point you don't have the parts laying around so you'd have to find another donor for trays etc...

That's a great deal on the LCM4, but it is an older AP and parts can be hard to come by.  But if the deck is cooling, that is a good price.  We have 4 combos placed on location that all do well.   Sometimes a combo machine is great for "feeling out" a customer to gage volume.  I've placed combo machines and then upgraded to fill snack and pop machines once I saw the volume was there.  Sometimes you get an opportunity with a customer and you're not sure if they need the equipment.  This is a great way to "test the waters" with an account.  I always believe it's better to start small and upgrade the account, then set them up with large equipment and downsize later.  Customers can get "touchy" when they get downgraded. 

As for the Ice Cream, forget that!  Dealt with some ice cream machines in the past and they are nothing but trouble.  PLUS...it always sounds like a good thing in the beginning, but the novelty wears off real fast.  Every account would think they would just 'TEAR IT UP", but in the end, they buy ice cream for a few weeks and then nothing!  Definitely not worth it!   

23 hours ago, SCOTT1963 said:

sell it, clean, check and sell for a quick profit on the LCM4

The refrigeration deck is no longer available.

If it goes you can turn it into a snack but at this point you don't have the parts laying around so you'd have to find another donor for trays etc...

The deck is not available but the compressor should be Scott.  There's no reason to dump the machine just because it might need a compressor down the road.  However, if it needs an evaporator then that's a different story but you won't ever know that until you get the box apart.

I have two national combos at home.  I think it's my best bet right now to part the one out and make the other one work.  I have less combos now than I did 5 years ago lol.

1 hour ago, AZVendor said:

The deck is not available but the compressor should be Scott.  There's no reason to dump the machine just because it might need a compressor down the road.  However, if it needs an evaporator then that's a different story but you won't ever know that until you get the box apart.

I know the compressor is available but this gentleman doesn't have the capability to do that yet.

The cost of replacement is 2 hours labor plus the dome.

Then the evap not available unless you have junk sitting around.

Then the front pieces on the chiller box.

Anyway my feeling is to steer a new guy away from trouble rather into it.

I do understand what you are getting at.

I would buy the combo.  Good investment and you will make your money back in a couple of months or less if placed at the right spot.  On the ice cream issue.  Most of the vendors we represent will offer some ice cream in the summer if the food machine is a frozen food. 

Greg at Rainbow Vending (a very large San Diego company) bought a bunch of ice cream machines.  If a vendor in his area had an opportunity to get a nice location only if they offered ice cream, Greg would put it in and service it.

It accomplished a couple of things, the vendor would never go after a Rainbow account and they got some nice accounts without the ice cream headache.

I am sharing this with you because there are several ice cream companies across the country willing to do this today.  So you can offer it and get them to install and service.

If you buy that combo I have 6 perfect locations wanting one because of space issues.  4 in S. CA, 1 in Phoenix and 1 in Seattle.  There are all blue collar accounts with approx 40 to 50 on site workers daily.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2017 at 9:44 AM, Poplady1 said:

I would buy the combo.  Good investment and you will make your money back in a couple of months or less if placed at the right spot.  On the ice cream issue.  Most of the vendors we represent will offer some ice cream in the summer if the food machine is a frozen food. 

Greg at Rainbow Vending (a very large San Diego company) bought a bunch of ice cream machines.  If a vendor in his area had an opportunity to get a nice location only if they offered ice cream, Greg would put it in and service it.

It accomplished a couple of things, the vendor would never go after a Rainbow account and they got some nice accounts without the ice cream headache.

I am sharing this with you because there are several ice cream companies across the country willing to do this today.  So you can offer it and get them to install and service.

If you buy that combo I have 6 perfect locations wanting one because of space issues.  4 in S. CA, 1 in Phoenix and 1 in Seattle.  There are all blue collar accounts with approx 40 to 50 on site workers daily.

Excellent insight!

I would have contacted you about that location but the guy selling the combo got weird so the deal fell through. He bought the machines and doesn't know anything about vending - he said he would only sell me the combo if I bought an ice cream machine!

Are you a locator? I do have a snack machine and a drink machine in storage that I want to vacate by month-end.... 

Blue Moose is a vending Brokerage firm.  We represent larger companies in our region. Just signed to handle an account with Dependable Vending that has 72 beverage machines and 3700 employees.  No on one location but at 9 locations. Even my eye's popped out of my head on that one. The snack machines will be handled later when they can gauge the drink machine volume.

So we were able to put the right vending company in front of the right business then we cross our fingers that it all works.  We do get lots of accounts under 150 employees which is the min. most of our companies require before setting up equipment.  There many accounts between 50 and 150 able to make at least $50 per machine each week.

So there is another lesson, the bigger you get the more expensive everything becomes and you need larger accounts to make your margins. 

Archived