Where to buy parts?

Hi all! Some of you may remember a recent post of mine discussing Vendnet and their shipping charges... I have found out some more about that:

* Vendnet uses UPS, and they do not know what their shipping charge will be until later (aka they cannot tell me). 

*They were very understanding the first time I got ripped off on shipping, and helped to cover it.

I recently ordered some more parts from Vendnet - figuring I would try them out one more time.  My shipping charge was outrageous yet again.

Although I really liked their customer service I cannot continue to order from them - they say that they only ship from UPS and that they don't control their rates.... so TBH I don't like UPS right now...

Either way, UPS is screwing over Vendnet and I just can't support that: ....... (and to be honest, is everything I was told is true... Vendnet needs to reconsider their shipping strategy....)

Does anyone know of another good source for parts?

The problem is not likely to be that their shipping strategy is bad, but the likely problem is that you aren't ordering enough to make the shipping costs worth while.

If you had to order 3 motors, a board, and a couple harnesses, all for $500 and neatly packed... but had to pay  $40 for shipping, would you still be upset?  I'm sure that 95% of their business comes from vendors who order well over $100 in parts every time they make an order. If they need to change anything, it's the prices of their harnesses. Some of those are crazy!

Depending on the part you need there are a number of suppliers.  Vendnet is part of Wittern Group, so they are the best source for USI parts (being part of the manufacturer), but other suppliers are about... be warned that shipping charges can bite you with any supplier tho!  Here are a few I have used....

Vendors Exchange - http://www.veii.com/

D & S Vending - http://www.dsvendinginc.com/t-electronicrepair.aspx

Find a distributor for usi that is closer to you. Shipping is what it is sometimes you pay more because you need the part yesterday.  Managing your parts inventory saves money. If you stay in vending long enough shipping costs will be the least of your worries.

D&S Vending has a limited number of parts for VendNet/USI/Fawn/Federal/ whatever other name they go by. For the most part, you need to buy directly from VendNet. They do not ship uPS to us, they use the U.S.  Postal Service priority mail. I usually try to bundle as much together to save on shipping

I like Vendnet.  When I call I get friendly people who know exactly what part I need because I can give them the serial number and what's wrong.  It's that easy.

Now, the shipping is higher than I want to pay, but I also what to get what I need.

8 hours ago, EddieMac said:

I like Vendnet.  When I call I get friendly people who know exactly what part I need because I can give them the serial number and what's wrong.  It's that easy.

Now, the shipping is higher than I want to pay, but I also what to get what I need.

Service was very good

Archived