Pay Range

Is anyone using or has used this system? I t seems like a less expensive way to add cashless sales. I was wondering about the hardware cost to install in a machine and what the fees were.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Use the search function in this forum to answer your questions.  I can say that the device is about $50 to buy and that you will have 4% deducted from each transaction.  

It's ok. Not much better than that. Customers have to download an app to their phone than deposit to said app. I tested 20 units and wasn't very inpressed. Credit card readers are definitely better. However with Lagrange so cheap and no monthly fee they are good for smaller accounts that can't quite justify a cc reader

In the right location, PayRange is great.  Younger, blue collar works in a fixed location really go for it.  IMHO, something like this will replace card readers in the near future.  

I pulled the trigger and bought 7 of them. They work on anything with MDB and cashless support. Since I get my machines from PepsiCo it was a no brainer. I added it to 5 PepsiCo machines and 2 revision door AP112s. I'm on it like a hobo on a ham sandwich. Hope I don't get burned. But for $89 per, it seems pretty reasonable. You can buy the base model Blukey for $79 but the $89 version allows you to add a CC reader later on.

I am currently running about 10 of the Payrange devices and I love it. They are sooo simple to install. Word of advice, once you install them grab some of the young people around and show them how it works and it normally takes off from there. If you have accounts with multiple locations they love the fact that their money on the app, ia good at all locations.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations, you are now ready to receive cashless payments.  Looks like you ordered the Plus for all of them but you could have gotten away with the regular version.  Supposedly the plus is only needed if you are going to run both a CC reader and the Payrange system, that is my understanding.  

When i first received mine I allowed them to sit around for quite awhile before installing them, DO NOT do that, jump right in!  Finally once I began to install them I did not want to chance shutting my entire operation down so I installed the Payrange on the drink machine first, then monitored it for a week, once I verified that everything was fine then I followed up with the snack machine.  Remember that the key is to grab some of the younger folk that are around and show them how it works.  

The best introduction tactic that I used at the sites was to load about $25 on my OWN account, test it myself so that I understand how it works, then show others how magical it is.  Make sure to go onto the Payrange site and enable the promotion that allows the customers to get $1 or $1.50 in free merchandise for their first purchase, it will jump start your sales. 

Also if you are not charging additional money for using the Payrange system, which is fine because it is only about 4 cents per dollar, then let the people know that this is the best method that you have found in order to keep from raising prices on the items.  I pose it as " I can absorb the transaction fee when using this device but if I install a CC reader it is going to automatically charge you an additional 10 percent more on all items ".   This has worked well for me because people normally hate the mentioning of paying more for anything. :D

Try it out and let us all know how this goes for you.  GOOD LUCK!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I a have nothing but good things to say about the PayRange Blukey. Customers love it. FYI I have the Blukey Equal, it's $10 more than the base model at $89, but gives the option to add a CC reader. I just learned that PayRange teamed up with Mastercard, so anyone with a Masterpass account can use Payrange.

I a have nothing but good things to say about the PayRange Blukey. Customers love it. FYI I have the Blukey Equal, it's $10 more than the base model at $89, but gives the option to add a CC reader. I just learned that PayRange teamed up with Mastercard, so anyone with a Masterpass account can use Payrange.

I knew you would like it and the customers would love it once they got the hang of it. I have added additional units and enjoying the additional revenue stream.

Yep, I noticed the telemetry information once I started to receive the weekly reports. I use the app 99% of the time but if use the desktop version it is an extremely powerful tool, there are all kinds of gadgets in there. I need to use it more myself.

5 hours ago, Corvus Corax said:

Yeah, I wish the app could do a little more. Looks like me an you are the only ones on this bandwagon.

I use PayRange.  I like the simplicity of Installation.  One of my accounts doubled in volume after install.  Other accounts, it is hardly used.  In the right locations, (like a factory break room) it is a great device.  I've had several people in the last couple of weeks that cannot connect with the machines.  All of them are using LG phones and I have yet to see an update from PayRange to address this issue.  

I was going to buy some Payrange devices last year, but I never could get ahold of anyone.  Numerous emails went unanswered for weeks and weeks.

I tried again last week and someone from Payrange called me this morning and said they have a distributor in my area who will contact me.  I still haven't heard from anyone else.

I'd love to try some, but it's so hard to buy these things!!

1 hour ago, EddieMac said:

I was going to buy some Payrange devices last year, but I never could get ahold of anyone.  Numerous emails went unanswered for weeks and weeks.

I tried again last week and someone from Payrange called me this morning and said they have a distributor in my area who will contact me.  I still haven't heard from anyone else.

I'd love to try some, but it's so hard to buy these things!!

D&S Vending sells them. 

D&S Vending sells them. 

Good call. D & S has the Blukey Equal for $79, $10 cheaper then PayRange direct. I just ordered 10. I think they must be doing away with the regular Blukey and will just have the Equal and the Plus. Makes sense, then they will just have one form factor.

Archived