key for National 222 cigarette machine

steveforg

I just bought 7 National 222 cigarette machines and found 1 key. I can't get it to work, is there a trick to opening these?

Does one key fit all?

If not where the hell do I get keys for these things?

I think I may have made a huge mistake....lol. Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve

They were not keyed alike on purpose though the factory had a certain number of core locks they shipped new machines with. Any cigarette vendor, and there were thousands of us with hundreds of machines each, usually keyed their machines to their own code due to the outrageous sums of money that these machine could hold in good accounts.  The key you got may not even be for them or your key is too worn out.  Is there a number stamped on the face of any of the locks?  I probably still have a bunch of National keys around and might get lucky for you.  Why did you invest in these unless you're shipping them out of the country?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info Yes I am interested in keys if you have them.  I will have the number from the lock for you in a day or so. I got what I thought was a good deal on them....didn't think about the key at the time of purchase .....Sometimes the deal looks too good...lol

Archived