T-handle trouble on a DNCB 368

nrod7

Not really important on why, but it sure seems strange.  Strange that this machine has been on location for  almost 3 years., and I have never had an issue locking or

unlocking this machine.  The last time I serviced the machine it was very difficult the lock the machine.   

1.  I did take the T-lock apart to stretch out the springs.

2.  I pulled the "bracket nut"out of the bracket (mounted on the inside of the machine)  to check if the threads might be bad on the stem or the nut.  They both seemed O.K.

3.  I made sure T-handle stem lined up to the bracket before closing the door, it seemed to catch at first, but ultimately the T-handle would not crank down in order to lock the machine.

I had the leave  the bracket  loosened in order to lock the machine ( this unit has a T-handle lock cover). 

What could be the problem?

Thanks,

nrod7

If the threaded stud is level with the cage nut in the cabinet then you have a cross-threaded nut or stud.  Look at the beginning threads of the stud for any chips or damage.  If none then you're cage nut probably needs to be replaced or lubed with white silicone grease.  Email me if you need any parts for it at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom.  You should also not stretch the springs out inside the handle assembly but replace them instead. 

Archived