Vendstar Keys

Kinch

Just picked up a good, used Vendstar (my first) for $25.  It doesn't have keys.  What is my easiest and most economical solution?  

I see a myriad of replacement keys offered on ebay, but how many do I need, and how do I know which ones?

Thank you

Throw it out and buy a better machine. I suggest an Eagle, Oak or Northwestern double-head that vends gumballs and Skittles.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Just the keys.  They have a have 2 cam style locks on the top lid with standard keys.  The money door on the back is a cam lock as well, but with a hollow tubular key (not sure if that's the technical term).  I read on here that you can go to the hardware store and buy replacement cam locks that are keyed alike.  I may see if I can remove the old locks and do this.  If so it would be cheaper.  May stop at a lock smith and show him and get his opinion.  Want something cheap and easy.  There are some solutions online but most involve buying new doors etc and to me seems a bit expensive for a used Vendstar.  Thank you

If the rear door isn't already opened, you only have 2 reasonable options(3 if you want to spend a ton of unnecessary money). First, just drill the lock and buy a new cam lock locally. The second choice is break the door and send it to Ryan (I think that's his name) at shark attack vending and he'll replace the door and supply a key for your lock. The third would be to buy every different key they made for the rear door and do the old trial and error. 

The top key is much easier. It can only be a #157 or #159. 

I would just drill them out if they're not open and re-key them all the same with cam locks from a local hardware store. That will be your cheapest option.

Archived