New to bulk vending machine with some questions

AnthonyR

Hello, my name is Anthony and I'm 16 years old. Actually, I have collected around 2400 $ for around 4 years of pocket money and have nothing to do with them and I'm really passioned about vending machine business so I was thinking of starting one. I have many good locations very near of my house such Mc Donalds, Pizza Hut, a bakery, 2 supermarkets... so I thought I could invest on bulk vending machines and earn some money monthly. I have some questions though : 

How will I convince for exemple the manager of Mc Donalds to install a bulk vending machine in his restaurant? Do I give monthly payments or % of my earnings? And why will he accept to if I won't even be paying him 5$ per month ( as I see bulk vendng machines earn like 10$/month according to people in this website) ? 

Are bouncy balls or candys more profitable ?

How much time do I'll need to check bulk vendings each month (for each one) ?

Start by dressing professional, be friendly, and be dedicated. Let them know that you are local so you will be quick to address any issues. Once you have a machine placed, over check at first, let the manager see you checking, and be sure to clean it each time. Put the word out through your friends, their parents might have businesses that could be an in for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Corvus Corax said:

Start by dressing professional, be friendly, and be dedicated. Let them know that you are local so you will be quick to address any issues. Once you have a machine placed, over check at first, let the manager see you checking, and be sure to clean it each time. Put the word out through your friends, their parents might have businesses that could be an in for you.

Hello, thank you for your answer it helps me a lot, I see that being professional is really important so I'll take in in consideration. Btw do you have any suggestion on how should I deal with the manager? It seems strange to me how can someone accept to put a big machine inside his place for only 5$ a month... Or should I pay him by commissions? like paying him 20 or 30% of my revenue or higher I don't know.

Using charities helps but McDonald's likely or others have said may have a corporate policy against machines. Generally it's better to focus on locally owned businesses and either the charity or some restaurants like customers having the access to machines since they may not have desserts. For example some pizza places. You are right that the financial benefits to them are nil unless maybe it's s big rack of toys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A business doesn't have a lot of financial interest in a bulk machine, but it doesn't take much room, it can keep kids happy, it doesn't require power, so it always works. Another option is bars that don't offer food, or bars in general. Pool halls. Those are usually good locations for salty snacks, or cinnamon Mike & Ikes.

You wouldn't want to try mcdonalds; they are corporate and probably have policies against machines in their establishments. If you want, have your dad come along with you and maybe even speak so managers will be more inclined to take you seriously. Machines can make between 20-200$ a month, just depends where you put it. If the owner asks about commission, start out with 20%. I'm only 17, and I just bought a route today. You're better off with buying an established route for cheap money off of Craigslist. Put a wanted ad for a bulk candy route, and you might get some responses.

Archived