Royal RVV500 Vend Mechanism Error

We are having problems with this machine.  After the item is selected, the cup vend mechanism tries to find the location but can't get to the right spot to vend any items.  I'm not sure what parts to order.  Has anyone had this issue before?  The machine is in a hotel so time is of the essence.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks!  Rob

The most common problem with the early RVV was a bad harness it was one piece of wire from the logic board to the vend cup. The newer harness is made in 3 parts.

I had one with a louse set screw on the left right motors pulley. The symptom sounds a lot like your description.

If the problem is just one pair of shelf locations it may be missing the magnet behind the price tab.

Walta

Thanks for the responses.  We've been trying to reach Royal vending technical support with no success this week.  I don't know what the problem is there.  Our tech said that the harness wires are connected solidly, so that isn't the issue, unfortunately.

Thanks for the responses.  We've been trying to reach Royal vending technical support with no success this week.  I don't know what the problem is there.  Our tech said that the harness wires are connected solidly, so that isn't the issue, unfortunately.

The way this harness fails cannot be detected visually. The wires fail inside of their insulation and so there is no connection from one end of a wire to the other. If the wire is moves ever so slightly the connection is restored. Often moving the harness will change the machines symptoms.  

We ordered the XY harness and received it earlier this week.  After two hours of installing and testing, it is moving but the products are not getting pushed out enough.  We think a sensor is also bad, but I'm giving up on this machine.  We cannot get any phone support from Royal or any help from Pepsi locally.  I've already lost weeks of sales.  Thanks for all of your responses.

i had similar problems on an rvv500 and it turned out to be a loose wire in the cup mechanism that caused the part that moves the spiral to not turn at full speed.. look the inside of the cup over very well before giving up on it

Archived