Bottle water

Best way to tell is to squeeze the bottle. If it's rigid, it's good to go. If it's squishy, you'll have jams. I don't think they're are any available at sams that will vend

I like to vend Deja Blue or Auqifina because the bottles are thicker / sturdier and don't crush and jam under the weight of a column load . I learned this the hard way, filled a machine and when I went back I still had a column full of water due to a jam . Check the bottles strength , if it's not good then the cheaper price isn't worth it . I've also found that my customers will buy the more known brands faster and I always vend 20 oz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a note here for the conversation... but 16.9 oz deja blue, aquafina, and several other varieties are all squishy, whereas the 20 oz deja blue, aquafina, dasani are firm bottles.  The brand doesn't mean it's firm or squishy.  You either need to know (ie. 16 oz ice mountain, zephyr hills, deer park, etc.. but NOT 16.9 oz) or you need to squeeze the bottles to find out.  Simply naming brands is going to cause confusion.

Squeeze the bottles to find out if they are okay.  Don't waste your time asking which bottles are good at Sam's Club because it depends on the specific club you go to as different clubs carry different items, but they generally do NOT carry firm plastic bottles from what I have seen.

On a side note, you can put 5 or 6 soft water bottles in a stack vendor and they will usually vend, but once you go more than that, you might get a jam.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:52 PM, AngryChris said:

Just a note here for the conversation... but 16.9 oz deja blue, aquafina, and several other varieties are all squishy, whereas the 20 oz deja blue, aquafina, dasani are firm bottles.  The brand doesn't mean it's firm or squishy.  You either need to know (ie. 16 oz ice mountain, zephyr hills, deer park, etc.. but NOT 16.9 oz) or you need to squeeze the bottles to find out.  Simply naming brands is going to cause confusion.

Squeeze the bottles to find out if they are okay.  Don't waste your time asking which bottles are good at Sam's Club because it depends on the specific club you go to as different clubs carry different items, but they generally do NOT carry firm plastic bottles from what I have seen.

On a side note, you can put 5 or 6 soft water bottles in a stack vendor and they will usually vend, but once you go more than that, you might get a jam.

Chris makes a GREAT point!  Don't let Brand names give you a false confidence.  AVOID using the 16.9oz bottles.  The reason they are so inexpensive is because the plastic for the bottles is so cheap.  20oz. water costs more, not because the bottle is bigger and holds more, but because the plastic used is a higher grade.  If you only load a few bottles in your machine, maybe you can get away with 16.9oz, but as summer gets closer and water sales increase, you'll have less headache with 20oz bottles.  Just my 2 cents.  :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Deerpark 20oz and 16oz vend. Deerpark 16.9oz does not. Dasani 16.9oz does not. Smartwater 500ml and 700ml vend, but cost too much. Vend Central in MD sells many vendable water brands as well as 20oz soda bottles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I believe that the Ozarka, Ice Mountain, Arrow Head, Deer Park, Poland Springs & Zypherhills are all really the same thing - Nestle regional water brands.  The 20oz versions at Sams that state "It Vends" do work fine in my machines (DN 276e).  I fill them up just over half way and have never had any issues.  The plastic does feel squishier than I'd like but for the past couple years I've had no problems.  I wouldn't recommend the other sizes or versions that don't say they will vend.  Good luck.

13 minutes ago, Kalleberg said:

I believe that the Ozarka, Ice Mountain, Arrow Head, Deer Park, Poland Springs & Zypherhills are all really the same thing - Nestle regional water brands.  The 20oz versions at Sams that state "It Vends" do work fine in my machines (DN 276e).  I fill them up just over half way and have never had any issues.  The plastic does feel squishier than I'd like but for the past couple years I've had no problems.  I wouldn't recommend the other sizes or versions that don't say they will vend.  Good luck.

Since you brought this up, I was looking at them but I didn't see a reason to buy them because I can get 20 oz bottles all day long for a similar price.  The can-diameter bottles are what I am after.  Do you happen to know if the 20 oz bottles fit in can machines?  I may stay away anyway since I can fit 16.0 oz bottles 2-deep in most machines

2 hours ago, AZVendor said:

20 oz are larger than cans, so no.

Randy, these particular bottles appear to have the same diameter as a 16.9 oz bottle but the bottles look longer.  They are softer than a hard plastic bottle but firmer than your typical 16.9 oz bottle. The issue is that they cost about 25 cents per unit, which is on par with solid bottles.  I think I'll buy a case and try it out.  Worse case scenario, I will drink them.

Archived