Which glue works best on Vendstar canister lens'?

shanipaqman

I must have found a bad batch of canisters because the front lens' are coming separate on many of them on  this route I acquired.  super glue seems to hold for a while but then breaks loose after a month or two of use.  Any ideas on a tougher glue for plastic that is easy to use in the field?

thanks

I have run into issue more frequently in the last couple if years. I use Scotch 3M clear mailing tape (1.88 in wide) to repair, I actually used it in a pinch a couple years ago to repair a canister and was really surprised once I was done how hard it was to see the tape. I line the edge of the tape up with the beveled clear edge on the globe (running the tape long ways from the top to bottom of the globe) and then smooth it out over the transition point (from clear to colored) to the side of the canister.  I've never had one fail after that and never had anyone mention anything about it. If you feel it doesn't look attractive then you can switch that canister to the middle spot to hide the repair further. 

Archived