Who knows this machine???? Vendo/Mars confectionary series 2000 candy machine

Anybody know anything about these machines? Age? Where to find parts? Are they obsolete? What should I check out before putting on location.  (Its going at a location I own, so any breakdown wont upset the "owner" too much..lol). Just want to get familiar with this machine as Ive only owned soda machines. The model number is S2000 however cant find much info on them online. Just bought this for $225 and everything seems to work. AND found the coin box FULL of change! :)  Looking around the net, figured it was an awesome deal.  Also cant find flavor strips for this machine anywhere. Any info or experience anyone has with these machines would be greatly appreciated.  (And I did happen to find the manual online).

Screenshot_20170515-215512.png

The only parts you can use that aren't specific to it are the coin mech and validator.  I don't know if it uses parts from the first 10 selection version or not but they would be internal parts only since the two doors are different.  There is no newer model of it - this was the last one of the two they built. We have quite a few of them in operation around here.  By "we" I mean other operators use them.

I understand, but being the optimist that I am,  Im going to put machine in to use until it breaks down or can no longer fix it. Interestingly enough, Ive actually found quite a few parts for it (motors, buttons, etc.). So it wouldnt make much sense at this point to part it out. Ive always wanted one of these machines and am surprised to hear they no longer produce them.  Ive seen quite a few refurbished machines for sale from major vending sites for ALOT of money. So guess I'll see how it goes. 

Cause Ive used them before and seen them.  I like that you can use them outdoors safetly unlike snack machines. And Im always curious as to how things work, so seeing how this machine works is fun and exciting for me..lol.

15 hours ago, bairdo3 said:

Ive actually found quite a few parts for it (motors, buttons, etc.). . 

Parts exclusively made for this machine are not available

Those motors and buttons are used in other equipment so that is why you can find them.

To each his own.

If you're looking for a vehicle to run routes with I have a 1978 AMC Pacer station wagon for sale. ; )

Thanks for the recommendation. Didnt know they made one. Ill have to look that one up. Just got the m&m cleaned up and running, so going to see how it does. I really like the "guaranteed vend" technology within in this machine. Think that should be a MUST for all vending machines..lol

Archived