Dixie narco does not vend

Shane

I have an older Dixie narco that does not vend. I have replaced coin mechanism, relay, and checked all connections. The machine accepts coin's but does not vend, if I set it up to vend without money it vends fine. The bill validator does not work. The coin's do not drop into change box but they do go to change shoots. Change shoots are half full. I would appreciate any idea's at this point.

The coin mech. Is a refurbished 6800h. I'm not sure of the model of machine. I don't see any numbers. It has 8 selections vertically on the right if that helps. The compressor is a model 1200. That is the only numbers I've found

I get the deck numbers mixed up but it's a 368t, 501t, or 501 MPC, but I don't know if the MPC  has an actual relay.

One possibility is that your price is set too high. Check the price on the inside of the mech. There's also the possibility that the credit relay or coin mech are bad. 

Does every selection fail? Does it continuously take money or does it stop after you exceed the price set on the coin mech? 

I have the price set at $0.05. Just replaced relay and coin mechanism. The only time it will vend is if I put it in a free vend mode where you can push the button and it vend automatically with no money inserted.

You can only do free vend or coin vend, not both.  If you want to vend on coins you need to remove the free vend components and restore it to normal vending operation.

I understand it can't be in both coin vend and free vend. When set up for coin vend it will accept the coin's but will not vend. It is like it has a coin credit but clears the credit without any buttons being pushed.

How is the free vend wired in?  Do you know this is a good working coin mech and is the relay for a Dixie Narco, not a Vendo? Outwardly they look the same but the pins underneath are different.

I purchased a refurbished coin mechanism thinking it was bad because the coins would originally fall to the change slot. Come to find out previous owner changed a motor and one of the red wires was not connected. I reattached the wire and checked continuity of all mother's and switches. They all check good. I then thought the relay was bad so I ordered in the same relay that was on it.(kup93-14a11-120) Can you tell if this is the correct relay. I put it in free vend by moving wire s10 to the wire 71 spot. This allowed the machine to vend without depositing coins.

Archived