Newbie here need help!

Hey everyone,  I'm a new vending machine owner. I've had my Snackshop 5000 for about 3 months now and it has been running fine. About 2 weeks ago it stopped accepting bills. If I unplugged the machine and plugged it right back in, it would accept bills for the next 1-3 times but would stop again.  After checking forums I decided to purchase a rebuilt bill acceptor (Maka Nb-15) I only purchase this one because my machine already had this installed and it looks like the cut the machine to mount it so I didn't want to deal with trying to mount a different style. So I got the replacement and installed it but my machine still won't accept any bills even if I unplug and plug it back in.  If I hold a dollar in the opening and turn the machine off and back on, it will suck the bill in about 1/4 of the way and then push it back out.  So I know the acceptor has power and is working. But it just won't accept any bills.  I've already checked to make sure there is enough change in the machine. Here are some pictures of the machine. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! 

You got another bad Maka.  If it even tries to pull the bill in then it's enabled by the coin mech.  The fact that it won't pull the bill far enough to stack it and give credit means it's a bad validator.

Yes the coin mech accepts coins.  But I spoke with the guy I purchased the refurbished bill validator from and he said the coin mech that sends the signal to the validator is going out. He has a refurbished coin mech that he can sell me. But he said if it doesn't solve my problem that I can return it.  And if it does solve the problem, then to try my old bill acceptor and see if it works still. If it does he will let me return the bill acceptor that I purchased 

52 minutes ago, Southeast Treats said:

Let me add/ correct:  You would also need an adaptor harness.  Should be available from Vendors Exchange or D&S Vending.

Which adapter harness?  The guy I am going to order the coin mechanism from has the same exact one with the same harness 

Archived