DN-276 Programming help

Meesh

Newest member here,

I'm with a 501c3 that was donated a vending machine, (DN-276,) and I have gotten it up and running. It is currently vending like new, but I would like to be able to access programming using the DEX jack, and don't want to shell out the money for the handheld. I have the schematics to make a DEX to RS-232, but was wondering if anyone has made a USB version of the cord, and what software people use.

Also, the person who donated the machine didn't know the password code, so I also need to know how to reset it.

Any help helps.

If it was a Coke DN276, the default password(s) that they used were either 4321 or 4231.  The buttons starting from the top are the numbers.  Top button is 1, second is 2 and so on.  As long as the password wasn't changed (which seldom it is), it should be one of those.  I actually think those passwords were set up at the factory so they may apply to any DN276.  :) 

DEX is not for programming.  It means Data Exchange and is the protocol by which sales data is extracted from the machine.  Without a handheld to use then an aftermarket supplier of card readers, modems and software is how to do it.

If you only have the one machine the sales data from dex is not really important to you.  There are dex cords available now for tablets and gimme has a bluetooth dex, but dex is read only sales data.  The service mode button on the control board enters you into the programming, how much of the menu is password restricted depends on the original buyer of the machine.  Coke sets a password for most advanced programming (see above) but trade machines usually don't have it activated.  If it's not worn off, there should be a menu on the inner door that will help you walk thru the programming.  

Archived