Vendo 720 t handle trouble

Chard

Have a Vendo 720 live display that is having difficulties catching whenever I turn in the T handle. It'll go about three-quarters of a turn and then pop loose.

I checked all the c clips they seem to be fine. The teeth on a screw seem to be fine. And the catch played in the back is Loosely secured as is normal.

What should I check?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Does your T-handle normally screw all the way in?  The slam nut referred to is actually called a Quicker Lock which is a segmented nut assembly in the cabinet that you push the threaded stud into.  The lock then grips the stud and you only need about 1 1/2 to 2 turns to get the door tight.  If yours normally screws all the way in then someone has changed the Quicker lock to an earlier normal cage nut assembly like DN uses.  In that case you could have a cross-threaded nut or stud or the stud isn't properly lined up any longer.

From your description it has a quick or not. I typically am able to screw it in 2 to 3 times before it completely latches. This time when I went out it would only screw about three-quarters of a turn before it would pop free.

31 minutes ago, Chard said:

From your description it has a quick or not. I typically am able to screw it in 2 to 3 times before it completely latches. This time when I went out it would only screw about three-quarters of a turn before it would pop free.

Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom and I can send you a new one.

Archived