Location contract?

HandfulOHappiness

What would you want the terms of the contract to say?  

I think if you keep the owner happy and machines properly filled then the owner will be less likely to kick you out.

I guess I'm just feeling really uneasy about buying more machines before I've turned a profit. I have no idea if more machines will mean more sales, or if it just spreads the same sales between more products.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

Sorry, instead of complaining, I should probably look for other solutions.

I'm thinking about suggesting that the extra space be filled with something other than additional racks. I saw a pinball-bouncy ball machine on Craigslist that I'll probably ask the owner of she's ok with.

Are there other game-type machines that have a good reputation I should check out?

If you go to the downloads section on this site there is a full line vending contract that could be edited for bulk. Read it and you will get the gist of what they are all about. To me contracts are more important if you are dealing with chain stores where you have equipment in multiple locations. Just as an example....if you had equipment in 25 Safeway stores with no contract they could call you up and ask you to pull all of your equipment at any time. A contract will give you some protection against something like that although they could chose not to renew the contract once it expires. If these people are ok signing a simple contract it would protect you from another vendor coming in trying to get you booted via higher commission/newer equipment out of left field. You can also make sure you maintain exclusive rights that prohibit any other vendor from coming in and sharing the location with you. 

In busy locations more machines can generate higher sales through improved variety but it is not always a guaranteed slam dunk. Is the business established and pretty busy when you are there?  If so it is probably a good opportunity. You should be able to tell pretty quickly with the rack you already have in there if it is worthy of more equipment. If you are that uncomfortable then stall them for a while and see if you think sales really warrant more equipment. If you're looking to grow in this business then you will need to take a calculated leap of faith at opportunities like this. If you buy some decent used equipment odds are you will do well over time in this location. Worst case scenario you leave with your equipment and sell it off or place it elsewhere. Sounds like they don't like being bothered for change so you may want to look at a affordable change machine first.

You could try and find a shootin hoops or similar machine. Also, to take up more space with less equipment, throw a few oak 1" cap machine double stands in the area. Gives the appearance of filling the space. Make sure that if u put a coin changer in that it is mounted to a rack tho. Dont want that walkin off.

Looking at your picture of the rack you have there, it looks like a 4-way stand with 5 machines jammed on there. If it were me, I'd get a 7-way rack, a change machine and an interactive gumball machine(shooting hoops,pinball or even a spiral). All of that with your current rack(minus one of the 1" heads) should be plenty for the location and would fill out their space without having too many different items.

Yeah. The rack came with the 5 machines, and the first time I had them all installed at once was at the location. I did think they looked a bit snug.

I like the idea of a 7-way rack. I guess the change machine would go between the two 2" machines on top? But then would the interactive gumball machine go on the bottom rack, taking up 2 spaces as well?

Probably won't find any great deals on them through ebay. I'm not sure if A&a are carrying them anymore, but you can give them a try. I know tjking.com has some as well

I would avoid contracts, I think havending is right they are worthless. If you showed up at my place of business with one in your hand I would probably tell you to take your machines and go.

I do full line vending as well as a few gumball machines and I will do a contract if the customer ask for one but if they don't bring it up then I stay away from the subject and that's because contracts are pretty much useless considering ( as stated previously) that enforcing a contract will cost you more then it's worth and once you've gone to that extreme, your relationship with the customer is down the tubes and you won't be on that location long anyway and even with a contract they'll find a way to get rid of you .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived