MARS TRC-6510 Question

I have a MARS TRC-6510 coin acceptor in my AP 123c snack machine and it doesn't keep the tubes full.  All money put into the machine goes immediately to the coin box...even in Tube Fill mode.  Is there some setting on the CA that will make it keep money in the tubes?

Mars trc6510.jpg

I'm not sure about the 6510 but there is a Hi-Low setting on the TRC-6000.  Usually, there are a set of dip switches (about 4 together) and one of them is Hi-Low.  If I am not mistaken, pushing the dip switch up is "Hi" which will make it fill coins until the coins reach the top sensor.

However... there's the possibility that your coin mech is faulty.  If it was working fine before, then I can't imagine anything ever moving that dip switch unless you (or someone messing with it) accidentally pushed the switch to off.  If setting the dip switch doesn't resolve it, then you should just change out the coin mech because the mech is sending everything to the coin box due to some defect.

9 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

I'm not sure about the 6510 but there is a Hi-Low setting on the TRC-6000.  Usually, there are a set of dip switches (about 4 together) and one of them is Hi-Low.  If I am not mistaken, pushing the dip switch up is "Hi" which will make it fill coins until the coins reach the top sensor.

However... there's the possibility that your coin mech is faulty.  If it was working fine before, then I can't imagine anything ever moving that dip switch unless you (or someone messing with it) accidentally pushed the switch to off.  If setting the dip switch doesn't resolve it, then you should just change out the coin mech because the mech is sending everything to the coin box due to some defect.

I just got this machine so I'm not sure if it ever worked.  I will check the dip switches.  Are the labeled?  

The hi low switch is only for the quarter tube. The coins only going to the coin box, especially if they are credited properly, is a bad coin mech problem.  Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom if you need a replacement.

10 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

The hi low switch is only for the quarter tube. The coins only going to the coin box, especially if they are credited properly, is a bad coin mech problem.  Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom if you need a replacement.

Ok..thanks.  Do you think this coin mech is worth fixing?  Or should I just look for a more updated model?

You can get the 6510 fixed or replace it with a 6512 later model or a Coinco 9302GX if you plan to keep a 3 tube mech in it.  If you want to go with more than 3 tubes then a MEI 7512i is the one to use.

Archived