Saeco G200 Purging Air / Hose attachment location

Hi, we bought two Saeco G200 to use at our church.  While I had both, I was able to check one for proper location of hoses etc while assembling and reassembling the other.   We have since sold one to another church.  The hose that attaches to the back of the boiler comes through to the front of the machine and has a clip, does it attach to the same clip the other three output hoses attach? (directly above the cup)  It is leaking/ steaming a pretty constant amount.  I am wondering if this contributes to our other problem, which is, the first cup of the day, or the first cup after a while, usually only fills a third of the way.  The next cup will be a full cup.  I have tried cycling the water through using the two button method to remove any air in the lines, but it always goes back to the same problem.

Any suggestions?  

Thanks!

22 minutes ago, ddevonshire said:

Hi, we bought two Saeco G200 to use at our church.  While I had both, I was able to check one for proper location of hoses etc while assembling and reassembling the other.   We have since sold one to another church.  The hose that attaches to the back of the boiler comes through to the front of the machine and has a clip, does it attach to the same clip the other three output hoses attach? (directly above the cup)  It is leaking/ steaming a pretty constant amount.  I am wondering if this contributes to our other problem, which is, the first cup of the day, or the first cup after a while, usually only fills a third of the way.  The next cup will be a full cup.  I have tried cycling the water through using the two button method to remove any air in the lines, but it always goes back to the same problem.

Any suggestions?  

Thanks!

I have found the place to attach the hose, but I have not figured out the problem with the first cup coming up short, or if the hose from the boiler should have a semi-steady drip-steam coming from it.  

Thanks again.

• 6 months later...

Did you ever find the problem?

I had to repair an elbow on the boiler, and now I have the issue of steam (not enough water) coming through the brew group.  I consistently get 3/4 of a cup, but as I said, the last ounce or so comes out as steam.

The boiler did sit for several months before I re-installed it.  I'm now thinking the two way solenoid valve between the boiler and the brew group is not working properly.

Thanks.

Archived