Vendo 407 Free product issue

JeffL

I recently put a Vendo 407 machine into service.  It is a single price machine set at .50. When .50 is deposited into the machine, the first product comes out normally.  When the next customer comes along, the money falls through and is not accepted.  When the customer pushes a button, the product will vend, and the machine will operate normally once again. So, a second product is vended, but you have to push a button for it to vend. The relay is not clearing after the first vend, but it will always clear after the second vend. This only occurs about once in every 5-10 vends. I replaced the bill validator and coin mech, and the problem continued.  I also had the existing ones rebuilt. Next I replaced the relay and still had the same problem.  Looked over all wiring and cleaned connections with contact cleaner, problem persists.   Please let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks,

Jeff

You have bad motor switches or coasting motors if the second free vend comes from the same column as the first.  You need to try to narrow this down to one column that starts the issue.  If it only happens if column 1 is vended and then only column 1 clears it with a free vend then those motor switches are bad.  

Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom if you need switches for it.

Archived