Wittern 3500 (CB10)

I recently got a couple of these and they all seem incredible to me. From my experience, they are soooo easy to use, are very high-quality, etc.!

Am I wrong for thinking these machines are as awesome as I think they are?

Also, is $500 a fair price to pay?0257706dec3de03cebb206127441604c.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

$500 is a steal for that machine.  It's a late model cb500. They come in different names but I don't recall it ever being called a 3500.  You can tell it's a later model because the keypad is a newer version.  Good machines, but not outdoor rated. That's the only downside. 

I have several of these CB500's. They are model 3500's.  They work great almost all the time. Parts are typically easy to change when needed.  A motor or two quit every couple of years, but they are relatively inexpensive and pretty easy to change. 

$500 is a great price as long as they cool.  

That's what I thought too but the sticker on the back says it can be used for Outdoor Use. The sticker says "Wittern 3500" on top. It does seem to be quality though, even the power plug has some sort of built-in surge protector on it 

I got 7 of these with product and change for that price, did I get lucky?

Included was also what I think is a CB300... It's a slave machine. I've actually been meaning to ask the forum, because it has some sort of scanner on it. It looks like someone would scan a barcode and the machine would vend... or something like that??

The guy told me a few things wrong with the slave machine and just recommended that I use it for parts since I have so many of the full-size versions... makes sense to me. But if I'm going to use it for parts I'm wondering what I should do with that scanner? 

I don't know what that scanner thing that you are referring to is... but getting 7 machines for $500/each is a great deal in my opinion.  I still wouldn't put them outside.  As for the CB-300, I don't know how much could be wrong with it.  The only parts that really ever need any maintenance or repair/replacement are the drop sensor, drop sensor board (usually just an adjustment), motors, and the refrigeration deck.  The deck can be a bear to take out and replace but it's not terrible once you know what you're doing.  I have never changed out a motor but it shouldn't be too hard.  I have changed out a drop sensor before and I had to adjust the sensor on a CB 500.  Overall, if it's a slave machine and you don't ever plan on getting a compatible snack vendor to connect it to, then you might as well part it out or sell it cheap.

I'll tell you this about the CB 500 as long as they haven't changed... it's really easy to change the machine from bottles to cans and these machines vend great the majority of the time.  In my opinion, the #1 thing to look for is sold-out columns caused by bridging soda... which is when 3 or more bottles (usually at least 5) have "jammed" from their own friction and the friction of the column walls and they won't drop down into the rotors.  When this happens, you need to apply food-grade silicone to the anti-friction pads or whatever they are called.  I usually spray it on a paper towel and gently rub the columns so that plenty of grease gets on there (should be shiny but no visible grease).  I spray the paper towel nearly every time I apply it to a column so that I get a good coating on them.  I have had at least two machines recently where I had to do this and bridging has ended so far.  I haven't had to change out the pads yet but that's the next step if necessary.  I think they just peel off and the new ones probably have adhesive on the back like a sticker.

The USI drink machines I have dealt with are all nice in that the changeover for different size packages and loading depths is pretty much detected by the drop sensor/VMC board automatically so there is no programming to deal with, just do a couple test vends each and the machine is happy happy.  Nice feature.

Incorrect, Sir.  You must always select the can/bottle option for each selection to ensure motor stopping and reloading operations function correctly.  While the drop sensor will stop a motor when impact with the delivery chute occurs, if the can/bottle setting is not correct the rotor may not reload properly causing delays in the next vend and possible motor time-outs and false sold outs.

Archived