How do you go about hiring employees?

karen99

3 minutes ago, vendtex said:

Without knowing the details, it is difficult to verify your statements.  You claim your boxes are less prone to theft than the Candy for Cause yet offer no way for us to verify that.  

It's great that you are successful, but I think it is extremely likely based on what little numbers you have provided that you could be making just as much money with 600 boxes and save yourself a lot of time.  

That doesn't make any sense that I would be making as much money with 600 accounts as opposed to 1,200 accounts. What do you base your findings on?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That makes absolutely no logical sense that you could make as much money with 600 boxes as opposed to 1,200 boxes any more than 3+5= 27 . It doesn't work that way and as I stated earlier, I DO watch for theft. 

As far as my box costing more than the Pink Ribbon box, it's because in my own professional experience it's a much better box, you can do a lot more with it and in asking others what they are making, mine make a lot more profit. Which is more important, how much the box costs or the fact that you make a lot more money with my overall system? The other boxes are not designed for my type of system which makes a lot more money.

2 minutes ago, karen99 said:

it's because in my own professional experience it's a much better box, you can do a lot more with it and in asking others what they are making, mine make a lot more profit.

If your boxes are "much better" and "make a lot more profit" I guarantee every single vendor on here would buy them.  But sight unseen... no one will buy them...

can you PM me a pic, I really would love to see them 

What I got from the link you gave is that you are selling BOXES and LABELS. Locating is up to the buyer. The lease of the label is tied to a customers credit card for an unspecified period of time regardless as to how they do at getting the boxes out. The sum total of all of tis is that you are: 1) Selling  cardboard boxes 2) renting labels to stick on them. That's it. All the rest of this has been unnecessary. Let us just say tat starting out "how do I hire employees" is "less that candid".

6 minutes ago, karen99 said:

That makes absolutely no logical sense that you could make as much money with 600 boxes as opposed to 1,200 boxes any more than 3+5= 27 . It doesn't work that way and as I stated earlier, I DO watch for theft. 

As far as my box costing more than the Pink Ribbon box, it's because in my own professional experience it's a much better box, you can do a lot more with it and in asking others what they are making, mine make a lot more profit. Which is more important, how much the box costs or the fact that you make a lot more money with my overall system? The other boxes are not designed for my type of system which makes a lot more money.

The thing is you also say you don't get bogged down by the "mundane" details so it's hard to know how accurate your statements are.  

Just now, Mehehe said:

If your boxes are "much better" and "make a lot more profit" I guarantee every single vendor on here would buy them.  But sight unseen... no one will buy them...

can you PM me a pic, I really would love to see them 

Sorry, it's on a need to know only basis, unless you're in the program you're not going to know. As I said before, I'm here to protect my vendors and provide them the greatest possible advantage that I can. As I also said before, I think the Pink Ribbon program made a HUGE mistake by broadcasting all over the internet that it's a great way for people to make a lot of money. With Charity Vending, same thing. I have read posts on here from people in full-line vending who walk into store locations, show the owners/ managers of businesses printed out information of how little what those boxes make goes to charity so those boxes will get booted and the full line vendors can get their machines in there.

8 minutes ago, karen99 said:

Sorry, it's on a need to know only basis, unless you're in the program you're not going to know. As I said before, I'm here to protect my vendors and provide them the greatest possible advantage that I can.

Do you have a website or a phone number to find out information on your Program?

20 minutes ago, musser said:

What I got from the link you gave is that you are selling BOXES and LABELS. Locating is up to the buyer. The lease of the label is tied to a customers credit card for an unspecified period of time regardless as to how they do at getting the boxes out. The sum total of all of tis is that you are: 1) Selling  cardboard boxes 2) renting labels to stick on them. That's it. All the rest of this has been unnecessary. Let us just say tat starting out "how do I hire employees" is "less that candid".

musser,

It's my system that matters. What you are buying is the system and it's the SYSTEM that makes money. I know for myself that you aren't making nearly the amount of real profit that I'm making with this (and I'm referring to actual profit and not gross sales that you snidely remarked about earlier.) I'm not saying this because I want to compare myself to you (which I don't) but I feel that you are attacking me and I have no option but to defend myself to your remarks which aren't based in truth. In your last comment you complained that I don't do the locating for my vendors in my program. I think that any person who does this full-time would say that locating is the central core engine behind this business and not doing your own locating in this business shows an extreme deficiency. 

I too need an employee. I have this most awesome van that needs someone to drive it. Maybe if they see how awesome it is they would then buy it! But his van is special, this van has hauled more product than all my other vans. This van has hauled more MONEY (money money money) to the bank than any of my other vans. It is a special van unlike anything you ever saw. BUT, you can only SEE the van after you BUY it. Because its so special and all. I will also rent you a motor for it.

1 minute ago, musser said:

I too need an employee. I have this most awesome van that needs someone to drive it. Maybe if they see how awesome it is they would then buy it! But his van is special, this van has hauled more product than all my other vans. This van has hauled more MONEY (money money money) to the bank than any of my other vans. It is a special van unlike anything you ever saw. BUT, you can only SEE the van after you BUY it. Because its so special and all. I will also rent you a motor for it.

Can you PM a picture of this van?

1 minute ago, vendtex said:

Can you PM a picture of this van?

No way dude, its just to freaking awesome. But send me your credit card number and I will send you the keys and its location.

34 minutes ago, karen99 said:

Sorry, it's on a need to know only basis, unless you're in the program you're not going to know. As I said before, I'm here to protect my vendors and provide them the greatest possible advantage that I can. As I also said before, I think the Pink Ribbon program made a HUGE mistake by broadcasting all over the internet that it's a great way for people to make a lot of money. With Charity Vending, same thing. I have read posts on here from people in full-line vending who walk into store locations, show the owners/ managers of businesses printed out information of how little what those boxes make goes to charity so those boxes will get booted and the full line vendors can get their machines in there.

Your boxes have the same risk because similarly very little is going to charity.....just saying

21 minutes ago, vendtex said:

The thing is you also say you don't get bogged down by the "mundane" details so it's hard to know how accurate your statements are.  

The one piece of information that I absolutely hold as sacred and DO keep track of though is PROFIT. That's the ONLY thing that's important.

I ALWAYS know how much profit I'm making by doing the following........... I empty the money out of all the boxes. Then I count the money (which is my gross sales.) I then refill all the boxes back to the 7 pound mark and then count the bags of candy used to refill those boxes. I then find the total cost of what I spent on the candy (by counting the bags of candy used to refill those boxes) then I subtract the sales tax (from the gross sales) as well as all other expenses such as gas spent, motel stays, meals and any other entertainment (because I want find the most conservative estimate.) This gives me the net profit. Then I take the total number of hours I worked and divide that into the net profit which gives me profit per hour.  

Now I defy you to tell me that that does not equal my net profit (and my most conservative figure of my net profit.)

What you are referring to as far as how much money money does each box make, or how much much am I spending on cost of goods or all these other things are absolutely, UTTERLY mundane details that make absolutely no difference to know. How many accounts do you have, do you do this full-time and especially how much real profit from this do you make?

22 minutes ago, karen99 said:

musser,

It's my system that matters. What you are buying is the system and it's the SYSTEM that makes money. I know for myself that you aren't making nearly the amount of real profit that I'm making with this (and I'm referring to actual profit and not gross sales that you snidely remarked about earlier.) I'm not saying this because I want to compare myself to you (which I don't) but I feel that you are attacking me and I have no option but to defend myself to your remarks which aren't based in truth. In your last comment you complained that I don't do the locating for my vendors in my program. I think that any person who does this full-time would say that locating is the central core engine behind this business and not doing your own locating in this business shows an extreme deficiency. 

Your situation doesn't apply to all of us as people have different motivations or goals for this business.  I'd lose a boat load of money if I did my own locating because my full-time job is far more profitable than what you are currently making.

Just now, vendtex said:

Your situation doesn't apply to all of us as people have different motivations or goals for this business.  I'd lose a boat load of money if I did my own locating because my full-time job is far more profitable than what you are currently making.

Oh my God. Dude, I'm sorry but coming from someone who is  a VERY seasoned veteran at this profession, what you just said there does not "hold water" at all. Unless you're working as a corporate executive or brain surgeon somewhere, you're not going to be making any more money (or find anything easier to do than this.) And if you did have a job like that, you wouldn't have the time to be sitting here messaging me back and forth as much as you're doing.

I'm not trying to ridicule you here but I think you're real underlying reason is just fear. You're just afraid right now to get out and do this at your real maximum potential like I'm doing with myself. I think this goes to all the rest of you sending me these comments trying to rebuke the facts of what I'm telling you all about all of this. You all are just simply afraid and you guys will come up with every excuse you can to try to keep from dealing with that fear that you have in yourselves. Like I said, I'm not here saying this to ridicule any of you and I hope that you guys do push through that fear and really take off with this but that's not going to happen when you choose to stay stuck in your own fear. 

Just now, Mehehe said:

Best part of the last post...

Does your program come with a retirement or health care?  I didnt see that on your site.

I've even considered doing that. Considering that there are so many people now in our country without healthcare (which really pisses me off) I would LOVE to be able to help others this way. Like I've been saying all along, all I'm doing here is just searching for ideas to do all of this because my first idea at candysellingexplosion.com where people entering the program would have made a lot more money, didn't work. That's why I mentioned that website, to hopefully prove to you all that this IS what I'm doing and that this IS what I'm working on. If I were trolling on here, why the hell would I go to all the trouble of doing all of that, making that website and putting the risk on myself with the 60 Day Money Back Guarantee from the candysellingexplosion.com website? 

As far as the healthcare thing goes, I actually spoke with an insurance broker yesterday about costs for taking employees into my business. As I've heard back from some of the people on here though, having employees is a bad way to go because they create many logistical problems as opposed to somehow finding a way to get people involved in my program where they are the route owners (but still have to pay the very small royalty fee like you have to do with every charity vending program.) 

The thing about hiring employees is that the employees would make FAR LESS money than simply being the owner of their own business within my program. Would you rather be an employee and make far less money and have a health care plan or be the actual business owner and make a lot more money and be able to easily afford your own health care plan? 

1 hour ago, karen99 said:

Oh my God. Dude, I'm sorry but coming from someone who is  a VERY seasoned veteran at this profession, what you just said there does not "hold water" at all. Unless you're working as a corporate executive or brain surgeon somewhere, you're not going to be making any more money (or find anything easier to do than this.) And if you did have a job like that, you wouldn't have the time to be sitting here messaging me back and forth as much as you're doing.

I'm not trying to ridicule you here but I think you're real underlying reason is just fear. You're just afraid right now to get out and do this at your real maximum potential like I'm doing with myself. I think this goes to all the rest of you sending me these comments trying to rebuke the facts of what I'm telling you all about all of this. You all are just simply afraid and you guys will come up with every excuse you can to try to keep from dealing with that fear that you have in yourselves. Like I said, I'm not here saying this to ridicule any of you and I hope that you guys do push through that fear and really take off with this but that's not going to happen when you choose to stay stuck in your own fear. 

Wrong guess.   I got into vending mainly to help my son to get a job who for various reasons has struggled and I think that this is something that he can do.  Also, since he's over 26 he's no longer on my health insurance.  Anyway, my goal is to give him a way of being in the work force and I am hoping that we eventually grow enough that his wages and benefits are covered by the business.  I don't expect to make any money for myself anytime soon.  It sounds like you are making about $130K which is respectable, and again, I think it's great that you are successful.  

What I was trying to point out with the questions is that even if you are making a profit, it is very possible that you are having to buy a great deal of candy in order to do so.  That to me would be difficult because of the time, storage, etc.  Many have pointed out on here in the past that it's better to have great locations that are making a lot of money vs. lots that are only making some because of the extra work it takes for the lower performing locations.  Having said that, a machine in my garage makes nothing so right now I'm trying to rapidly expand the machine locations we have in the hope that eventually we can trim down the low performers and become more efficient but it's not possible to do that without knowing the data.

Well this has been interesting. Karen or Brad or Honorboxcoach...Why not just have a contract signed that says i'll be a part of your program if you set me up to make the profits you're talking about? And If i bail out prematurely, I pay X amount, and if it works out like you said, I pay X amount for royalties for X amount of years? I would totally sign that contract. Not joking. 

1 hour ago, vendtex said:

Wrong guess.   I got into vending mainly to help my son to get a job who for various reasons has struggled and I think that this is something that he can do.  Also, since he's over 26 he's no longer on my health insurance.  Anyway, my goal is to give him a way of being in the work force and I am hoping that we eventually grow enough that his wages and benefits are covered by the business.  I don't expect to make any money for myself anytime soon.  It sounds like you are making about $130K which is respectable, and again, I think it's great that you are successful.  

What I was trying to point out with the questions is that even if you are making a profit, it is very possible that you are having to buy a great deal of candy in order to do so.  That to me would be difficult because of the time, storage, etc.  Many have pointed out on here in the past that it's better to have great locations that are making a lot of money vs. lots that are only making some because of the extra work it takes for the lower performing locations.  Having said that, a machine in my garage makes nothing so right now I'm trying to rapidly expand the machine locations we have in the hope that eventually we can trim down the low performers and become more efficient but it's not possible to do that without knowing the data.

There is some extra work but all that is factored in with the roughly 50 to 100 dollars an hour (or more) that I make. As far as the storage goes, I don't have a huge warehouse, I do this out of 1 room(office) of my house. You're seeing what I'm telling you and automatically envisioning it as some HUGE monumental task that involves ENORMOUS setup and resources. As the person who is actually doing this, why don't you just believe what I'm telling you? If you're trying to figure out what something would be like, why not ask the person who is actively doing it and take their word for it? Why do you have to create in your own mind something that is an astronomical undertaking to do? That tells me that you're probably the type of person who looks at most things as way too hard to do and don't even attempt to do them simply because of your mindset. Are you married or have a woman in your life? If so, I can see that that would create all kinds of problems because you're simply not living up to your full potential of being a man. Trust me dude, I'm lazy as sh** a lot of the time and I would never do something if it were "working me to the bone." All I've done all day today is sit around my house, play on my computer, talk on the phone, eat popcorn and make a bank deposit. How hard is that? I could move faster if I wanted to but the point is I don't need to right now.

How many jobs do you know of where you can set your own hours, answer to no one, simply drive around and run into businesses and swap candy boxes out, all the while making 50 to 100 dollars or more an hour? If you work at a hospital as a doctor for $130,000 a year, I will absolutely guarantee that you're constantly feeling worn the hell out. Same thing working as a lawyer or accountant. Those people work for about the same pay but put up with a whole hell of a lot more stress and work a hell of a lot harder than I do

1 hour ago, AMD Snacks said:

Well this has been interesting. Karen or Brad or Honorboxcoach...Why not just have a contract signed that says i'll be a part of your program if you set me up to make the profits you're talking about? And If i bail out prematurely, I pay X amount, and if it works out like you said, I pay X amount for royalties for X amount of years? I would totally sign that contract. Not joking. 

I did have exactly that with candysellingexplosion.com and even made it risk free with the 60 Day Money Back Guarantee and received no takers. I had that advertised for over a month on all pages at vendingconnection.com and still did not receive a single inquiry. At this point I'm thinking that I'm simply looking among the absolute wrong pool of people to be in my program. When I've told all of you about my program and clearly shown that it's risk free all I've had are those of you who have scoffed at this....."Waaaaaahhhhhhhhhh the cost of goods is too high!!!!!! (Even though my company would be purchasing all the product up front)........ Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh I'd need a huge warehouse to do all this!!!!!!!! (even though I do over 1,200 accounts out of 1 room of my house)........WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOUR COMPANY DOES NOT DO ANY OF THE LOCATING FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (which is the exact same thing as needing your mother to walk you to work holding your hand every day.)

Putting all that bullsh** from those of you aside, coming back to this forum has definitely  been worth it because I just got off the phone with one of the FEW people on this forum who isn't a little p*ssy. He knows exactly what the hell he's doing in the vending industry and he has helped me with much needed insight on exactly how to go about doing all of this. So hopefully this person is reading this and I just want to say thanks again, dude. You rock!

7 minutes ago, karen99 said:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh your company does not do any of the locating for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, I was actually getting more and more interested in your program until this post...  I understand your frustrated with most of the people here, myself included, but now your just throwing a fit and I am no longer even willing to make the phone call because of the way you are now acting.  

I have reread your posts and can say you have not wavered from what you originally were trying to sell.  If you were lying there are always minor differences in the story.  Your website does sound intriguing, again... this post killed it for me.

I want to make vending my full time job eventually and this is an opportunity to accelerate that plan and again... this post killed it for me.

You are probably thinking... "thank god he isn't going to call, whew I don't have to talk to him"  I already planned to spend the money on your boxes and again... this post just killed it for me.

I truly do wish you the best of luck in this endeavor.

Archived