How do you go about hiring employees?

karen99

3 minutes ago, vendtex said:

Did you have a job before you started this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I first began, nope. I was coming from a very, very  bad situation and only had about $200. I immediately put it to very good use. The absolute major and MONUMENTAL key difference though between my mindset and your all's though is that I was (and still am) coming from the perspective of a true warrior. I was absolutely going to succeed at this or die trying and I look at myself as a Kamikaze pilot. I think that you all basically  come from the mindset of being a bunch of little p*ssies. There's so much more potential within you all yet your too scared to tap into that. I think all of you need to watch this video clip.........

Or maybe this one first............  

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Mehehe said:

wow, I was actually getting more and more interested in your program until this post...  I understand your frustrated with most of the people here, myself included, but now your just throwing a fit and I am no longer even willing to make the phone call because of the way you are now acting.  

I have reread your posts and can say you have not wavered from what you originally were trying to sell.  If you were lying there are always minor differences in the story.  Your website does sound intriguing, again... this post killed it for me.

I want to make vending my full time job eventually and this is an opportunity to accelerate that plan and again... this post killed it for me.

You are probably thinking... "thank god he isn't going to call, whew I don't have to talk to him"  I already planned to spend the money on your boxes and again... this post just killed it for me.

I truly do wish you the best of luck in this endeavor.

LOL Trust me, you just did me a favor. You're right, I AM saying "Whew!!!! Now I don't have to talk to him!!!" Based on the things you've said repeatedly to me I know that you would not be a good fit for my program. It takes someone who is willing to tap into their real potential, not someone who just runs away from it.

You should be sure to check out this video clip in parting ways...............

1 minute ago, karen99 said:

It takes someone who is willing to tap into their real potential, not someone who just runs away from it.

Wow, by the way Alec Baldwin did nothing to motivate those guys it was one line that he said, "third place is fired".  The rest of that entire yelling tirade was just for show which is most of what you are doing.  I have had bosses that just did nothing but name call, yell and show how cool and tough they are thinking that's how motivation happens, nah it just ticks everyone off and causes them to find ways to backstab you.

BTW, it is kind of hard to run away from my real potential when I am sitting at a computer typing, which is what you are doing too.  Whether or not you are telling the truth, we will never truly know.  Your trying really hard to convince people of what your doing is wonderful and when people keep pushing for information you throw an absolute Tirade!  Watching you buckle and get frustrated has been hilarious.  In the last couple posts you have really shown your true self and its pretty nasty.  I can only assume when someone tries to take you up on the money back guarantee you will just turn into who we have seen now... But I guess if it makes you feel feel better and sleep at night, good luck.

I am glad that I made you happy by letting you know I wasn't going to call.

Good luck 

39 minutes ago, Mehehe said:

Wow, by the way Alec Baldwin did nothing to motivate those guys it was one line that he said, "third place is fired".  The rest of that entire yelling tirade was just for show which is most of what you are doing.  I have had bosses that just did nothing but name call, yell and show how cool and tough they are thinking that's how motivation happens, nah it just ticks everyone off and causes them to find ways to backstab you.

BTW, it is kind of hard to run away from my real potential when I am sitting at a computer typing, which is what you are doing too.  Whether or not you are telling the truth, we will never truly know.  Your trying really hard to convince people of what your doing is wonderful and when people keep pushing for information you throw an absolute Tirade!  Watching you buckle and get frustrated has been hilarious.  In the last couple posts you have really shown your true self and its pretty nasty.  I can only assume when someone tries to take you up on the money back guarantee you will just turn into who we have seen now... But I guess if it makes you feel feel better and sleep at night, good luck.

I am glad that I made you happy by letting you know I wasn't going to call.

Good luck 

If I went to a job interview or even was in some kind of meeting where someone was telling me about a work-at-home business opportunity that I was interested in, whose responsibility would it be for me to sit there and act like I would be someone that they would want to work with? If you go back and look at how this thread began, I did not start out this way. In fact, you came into the conversation about halfway thru saying........

" It seems like you've taken any form of humanity out of a business that relies on other businesses owners good graces.  I just got a bulk machine into a location that the owner had never met the vendor in the almost 2 years he had owned the business.  He was happy to see that guy go.  It sounds like this is exactly what you are doing, in and out as fast as possible with maybe a wave as your out the door."

I think that any person with any level of sense would say that you acted like an absolute and utter buffoon with that opening as well as with a whole lot of other things you said along those lines. 

Now whose responsibility is it if you're interested in this, like you stated that you were, to not act like an absolute and utter buffoon?

1 hour ago, karen99 said:

....."Waaaaaahhhhhhhhhh the cost of goods is too high!!!!!! (Even though my company would be purchasing all the product up front)........ Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh I'd need a huge warehouse to do all this!!!!!!!! (even though I do over 1,200 accounts out of 1 room of my house)........WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOUR COMPANY DOES NOT DO ANY OF THE LOCATING FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (which is the exact same thing as needing your mother to walk you to work holding your hand every day.)

Putting all that bullsh** from those of you aside, coming back to this forum has definitely  been worth it because I just got off the phone with one of the FEW people on this forum who isn't a little p*ssy.

Great post, thoughtful, informative, convincing. This is probably the most elegant sales closing I have ever witnessed!  Thank you, this has been most entertaining.

When I first began, nope. I was coming from a very, very  bad situation and only had about $200. I immediately put it to very good use. The absolute major and MONUMENTAL key difference though between my mindset and your all's though is that I was (and still am) coming from the perspective of a true warrior. I was absolutely going to succeed at this or die trying and I look at myself as a Kamikaze pilot. I think that you all basically  come from the mindset of being a bunch of little p*ssies. There's so much more potential within you all yet your too scared to tap into that.

It's interesting how u think u can psychoanalyze us. A key difference between you and me is that you had nothing to lose when you started. It's not my goal to replace my current job because financially that's very unlikely. What I like about vending is that it's a distraction from my full time. I like refurbishing machines and making stickers. And it's been a huge boost to my son's self esteem to get pay checks again.

1 minute ago, musser said:

Great post, thoughtful, informative, convincing. This is probably the most elegant sales closing I have ever witnessed!  Thank you, this has been most entertaining.

Trust me musser, I certainly would not want you either. You would also not be a good person for my program and you have proven that to me too.

1 minute ago, vendtex said:

It's interesting how u think u can psychoanalyze us. A key difference between you and me is that you had nothing to lose when you started. It's not my goal to replace my current job because financially that's very unlikely. What I like about vending is that it's a distraction from my full time. I like refurbishing machines and making stickers. And it's been a huge boost to my son's self esteem to get pay checks again.

I'm not trying to "psychoanalyze" any of you. I am merely responding to the most obvious things that you all have shown me that I think would be obvious to any sensible person who is outside of this conversation.

6 minutes ago, musser said:

The best "life coach" I have ever used is Tony Robbins. I would recommend him to anyone that wants to unleash their  potential.

If you've ever seen one of Tony Robbins seminars, he has a very strong tendency to really get up into peoples faces who are the most stubborn and most reluctant to step outside of their little box. I have no doubt that if you were at one of his seminars, he would be right up in your face. And BTW musser, don't fool yourself. I've read many of the posts you've made and you don't even close to unleashing your potential. 

1 minute ago, karen99 said:

Trust me musser, I certainly would not want you either. You would also not be a good person for my program and you have proven that to me too.

Why thank you I take that as a plus. I have been in business in one form or another over 50 years, nearly 40 of it in vending. I have seen a lot of things come and go including a whole bunch of honor box programs. Honor boxes work f you want to limit your potential. Other things will make you much more money. Its not the honor box program that bothers me. I am concerned about your endless drivel and misdirection.

Again, after all this blathering you are selling cardboard boxes, leasing the use of a charity sticker. That's it. There is no magic "process", give me a break, I have spent a good share of my life creating business processes and the metrics used to measure their validity.  I actually know what a business process is.

You are correct I would not be a good person for your program.

Here is a tip for you: ANY business product, no matter how complex, can be duplicated in less than twelve months. ANY business process ( the methodology of production or activity) can be duplicated in lea than 18 months. The only long lasting thing you can do that WILL set you above the competition is a good business CULTURE. It takes right at 11  years to copy a business culture. By the time you have copied your more successful competitors culture they will have already moved on.

Simply put: you show no signs of any business knowledge, unique process, or even a rudimentary understanding of how a business culture (environment) drives success. You have nothing I would buy.  I can get all the WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, I will ever need for free.

22 minutes ago, karen99 said:

If you've ever seen one of Tony Robbins seminars, he has a very strong tendency to really get up into peoples faces who are the most stubborn and most reluctant to step outside of their little box. I have no doubt that if you were at one of his seminars, he would be right up in your face. And BTW musser, don't fool yourself. I've read many of the posts you've made and you don't even close to unleashing your potential. 

Well, one thing I have done is figure out how to hire people.

Hey,  thought you were going to ignore me? 

Wow, well there two things you are failing at. 

I suspect everything else about your opportunity is failure . At least that is what the evidence now points to.

4 hours ago, karen99 said:

I think that any person with any level of sense would say that you acted like an absolute and utter buffoon with that opening as well as with a whole lot of other things you said along those lines. 

Now whose responsibility is it if you're interested in this, like you stated that you were, to not act like an absolute and utter buffoon?

Sigh, could you explain what part of that made me "an absolute and utter buffoon" its just name calling, but I am curious.

The second line... I'm not sure what you are saying here... I thought I made it pretty clear that yes, I was interested but I thought also made it clear why I was no longer interested.  Responsibility has shifted back to you, to peak my interest again.

Do I need to slow this down for you? Am I typing to fast?  You seem confused by words all of the sudden and name calling is what you have resorted to... my 3 year old nephew does this too sometimes, its kinda sad.

OMG!  This has devolved much faster than I thought it would.  It is interesting to see how it's all unfolded and how little information it took for some possible truth to come out of this thread.  Everyone has shown their true selves, both good and bad, and the results are as expected - the long time members here and some of the newer upstarts seem to be the upstanding citizens in this issue.  

5 hours ago, AZVendor said:

OMG!  This has devolved much faster than I thought it would.  It is interesting to see how it's all unfolded and how little information it took for some possible truth to come out of this thread.  Everyone has shown their true selves, both good and bad, and the results are as expected - the long time members here and some of the newer upstarts seem to be the upstanding citizens in this issue.  

I agree I probably went a bit far with the whole Glenn Gary, Glenn Ross thing and should have only left that Rocky Balboa video. However, why should I allow anyone into the program who all they're gonna do is whine, complain and second guess everything? 

The Mehehe fellow starts off into the conversation saying........

" It seems like you've taken any form of humanity out of a business that relies on other businesses owners good graces.  I just got a bulk machine into a location that the owner had never met the vendor in the almost 2 years he had owned the business.  He was happy to see that guy go.  It sounds like this is exactly what you are doing, in and out as fast as possible with maybe a wave as your out the door."

Then everyone else seemed to follow suit that way.If you were at a job interview or even some kind of meeting where someone was talking about a work-at home business opportunity that you were interested in, whose responsibility would it be to at least act like you were someone that they could work with? If you were to truly have a work-at-home business program that you absolutely knew from your own experience in doing it that it worked incredibly well would you want to take someone like that into your program?

20 hours ago, musser said:

I too need an employee. I have this most awesome van that needs someone to drive it. Maybe if they see how awesome it is they would then buy it! But his van is special, this van has hauled more product than all my other vans. This van has hauled more MONEY (money money money) to the bank than any of my other vans. It is a special van unlike anything you ever saw. BUT, you can only SEE the van after you BUY it. Because its so special and all. I will also rent you a motor for it.

Ok then why did I have the 60 Day Money Back Guarantee on candysellingexplosion.com ? Show many any other charity vending program that does this.

Beyond that, if you go back and look at the very beginning of this thread I am talking about either taking on employees or subcontractors (because like I've said many, many times already, I am searching for ideas.) If they are an employee or subcontractor, that means that I would be paying them. There would be nothing there that they would have to buy (unless I put that in there as an option for them and unless they wanted to buy it.) So the joke you're trying to make about your money van is not relative to this conversation.

33 minutes ago, karen99 said:

Then everyone else seemed to follow suit that way.If you were at a job interview or even some kind of meeting where someone was talking about a work-at home business opportunity that you were interested in, whose responsibility would it be to at least act like you were someone that they could work with? If you were to truly have a work-at-home business program that you absolutely knew from your own experience in doing it that it worked incredibly well would you want to take someone like that into your program?

The fact that I read the thread showed I had interest in this program.  I had questions and concerns that I voiced which you took offense to.  This program has worked for you, great!  I want it to work for me if I start into this program but to blindly go in without asking any questions or voicing concerns that I see are huge problems would be a mistake.  

Vending is 100% reliant on others, whether it is renting space, paying a commission, helping a charity or just asking permission to operate.  I have never seen a stand alone brick and mortar building packed with vending machines, maybe they are out there.  Vending needs other people, location owners, malls to rent from, the city to say a vending machine on the street corner doesn't break any ordinances, etc.  This is a business that needs good high quality relationships with people.  Because at any time a location owner/manager can boot you for no/very little reason.

The business model you have discussed is all about speed and "efficiency", servicing a location in seconds instead of minutes.  I understand that asking every location manager/owner how their day is going, what can I change, blah blah blah is not appropriate every time i stop.  The example I gave was a vendor who in two years has never said even, "Hi, I noticed the name on the side of building changed and I wanted to introduce myself."  This is the problem with working as fast as possible, when another vendor introduced himself the location owner was happy to have someone else come in.  There was no re-pore, no real service to be found and in turn no reason to keep that vendor there... I might not have explained my point fully when i originally posted.

To me the biggest turnoff besides the attitude is the inability to answer specific questions about your business. Most were either not answered or brushed off as mundane. You make the claim your boxes are less prone to theft yet give no evidence and without real data it's impossible to know. Based on the minimal information you have given, I think it's possible if not likely the opposite is true. It seems like you should be making more with that many sites.

1 hour ago, vendtex said:

To me the biggest turnoff besides the attitude is the inability to answer specific questions about your business. Most were either not answered or brushed off as mundane. You make the claim your boxes are less prone to theft yet give no evidence and without real data it's impossible to know. Based on the minimal information you have given, I think it's possible if not likely the opposite is true. It seems like you should be making more with that many sites.

That's why I was giving the 60 Day Money Back Guarantee with candysellingexplosion.com. That's why I'm been searching for ideas to PAY people to do this while purchasing all of the candy upfront for them and LITERALLY giving them the ability to see all of this for themselves. I think that any sensible person would MUCH RATHER try something out for themselves, risk-free while they're being paid for it, instead of paying money for something and simply taking the word of someone else (which can be done if someone were to fabricate financial reports about a business they are trying to sell.)  I think that any sensible person would see that I am giving BY FAR the greatest possible advantage to the vendor. I think the most important question anyone else who reads this needs to ask is "How successful at charity vending are the people who are doing all of the criticizing here? How many accounts do they have and do they even do their own locating?" With over 1,200 accounts I probably have more than all of these people combined and probably make more money than all of these people combined. You tell me who knows more about this than whom!

Anyway, this post on this thread and about this entire subject is it for me on this forum. I came here for the purpose of searching for ideas and MAYBE getting a few people into the program who were interested. While I've found that none of the people responding to this would be worth me giving the opportunity to, it hasn't been a wash because I had a real good phone conversation with someone from this forum who is a seasoned veteran in the vending industry (but does a different type of vending.) He gave me some much needed insight into how I should go about this and to him I am very appreciative.

How many accounts do they have and do they even do their own locating?" With over 1,200 accounts I probably have more than all of these people combined and probably make more money than all of these people combined.

Number of accounts does not necessarily mean success, it means you are a good salesperson.  Getting an account is different from keeping the account.

You claim $500 a day profit from 1200 accounts, that works out to 42 cents profit per box per day.

While I've found that none of the people responding to this would be worth me giving the opportunity to

Its disappointing that you consider people asking questions or looking for a better/different explanation on your program are not worth your time. 

Good Luck with your program, I wish you only the best.  

Oh boy. Well anyway, IF after all this needless name calling, desparaging comments to your potential customers ( wow what sales pitch). After all this, why on earth do you not simply say : "I have something that will make you money, pm me with your phone number, or I will send you mine, let's talk!"

But NO, wow. Ok if you are over 30 I really do think I know who you are. If I am right, the reason I never hired you back as a locator is you treated my potential clients the same way you have treated people here. As a locator you got locations just because people wanted you out of their store. When we sent someone to install we got refused because the location told you what you wanted to hear to get you out if the store. Seriously enemy if you are not who I think you are (I'm pretty sure) beating up your potential customers is NOT a plan.

That being said, a simple photograph of you unique display would give validity to you. And if it IS unique I am sure it would be trademarked or copyright protected.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Hire employees, errrrrrr contractors or sell routes? According to bhumphrey829  numbers, you should be hauling 8K per week. With your honor boxes being far Superior to others I'm sure the 8K number is much higher. Why would you want to deal with employees errrrrr, contractors?

Nation Wide? Have you lost your mind? If you can't save yourself, you will die!

Archived