DN 501E ------Help (How to get it to Vend without putting Money in it)

I have a DN501E that I can't vend without putting money in it. I know there has to be a way to do it.

Im sure there is a very simple answer. I have a DN440 and I can just press the lever on the motor and vend any time I want...but not on the 501E.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you just want it to free vend, you should be able to set the prices to zero. For an SIID board, press the mode switch, then hold the first and second selection buttons for a couple seconds simultaneously.  The machine should say or have said Hd. Now hold those buttons again to scroll to s-p and let go. Once there, hold the selection that you want to change prices on. It will go up or down. If it's going the wrong way, let go and press again. It should go the other way.

I know there is a way to set all prices but I don't remember.  

What I am running into is not being able to vend a selection if Im working on it, or a customer comes up while I have it open and I want to get them one from the bottom (Coldest)

I have pulled out the service button and hit the switch and couldn't get them to turn.

When I changed the shims to cans I had to spend like ten bucks lol

I just picked up a Dixie Narco D DNCB 501R/S 11-8, which from my research appears to be a 501T, but branded specific for Dr. Pepper. It is not the 501E as it will not vend bottles. Sound right?

How about when you push the service mode button, nothing happens?  The digital display stays with SO on the far most right side. It acts like it completely ignores when I push the red service mode button?  Is it a possible Controller Board failure?

11 hours ago, Sodaman32 said:

What I am running into is not being able to vend a selection if Im working on it, or a customer comes up while I have it open and I want to get them one from the bottom (Coldest)

I have pulled out the service button and hit the switch and couldn't get them to turn.

When I changed the shims to cans I had to spend like ten bucks lol

Press & hold motor switch, then pull door switch. It'll take a few seconds but the motor will run

Archived